State police crack down on distracted driving with new initiative
- They say it's becoming a huge problem on Kentucky roads and it's putting lives in danger. Now, state police have launched a new operation targeting distracted drivers.
KSP takes aim at aggressive, impaired, distracted driving
- Kentucky State Police have started a new initiative aimed at cracking down on aggressive, impaired and distracted driving.
Frankfort teen arrested for taking kidnapping victim on wild ride
- A Frankfort teen is behind bars after police say he kidnapped someone, and forced them to drive him to Lexington.
KSU student wants to run in Pyongyang Marathon
- A Kentucky State University freshman hopes to do something only a few Americans have done - compete in a 10K (6.2 miles) race in reclusive North Korea.
Rape charge filed in 2007 case; evidence found in fridge
- A 29-year-old Kentucky man has been charged with a 2007 rape in Washington state, after police discovered that critical evidence had been stored for years in a police evidence room refrigerator.
State's health exchange reports 114,000 signups in period
- The state says Kentucky had more than 521,000 people enroll in coverage through kynect last year.
Diageo executive named chairwoman of Ky. distillers group
- An executive at Diageo North America has been selected as chairwoman of a group that promotes Kentucky's bourbon industry.
Staying warm in Central Kentucky during an extreme wind chill
- Lexington's wind chill was at -14 degrees on Thursday morning.
SAFE Patrol Operators rescue drivers stuck in cold
- SAFE Patrol Operators help drivers on every interstate and parkway. When it's freezing out, they want to get those drivers out of the cold.
Kentucky's McConnell, new Congress sworn in Tuesday
- Republicans are assuming full control of Congress for the first time in eight years in a day of pomp, circumstance and raw politics beneath the Capitol Dome.
Conway to announce funding to combat heroin overdose deaths
- Democratic candidate for governor Jack Conway will announce money for a project to reduce the number of heroin overdose deaths.
Frankfort woman 'thankful to be alive' after apartment fire
- A woman who lost nearly everything she owns in an apartment fire says she is thankful to be alive after the fire sparked in her kitchen.
Police: Man arrested at state capitol with truck full of guns after chase
- State police are still investigating what led to a wild police chase that ended outside the Kentucky State Capitol.
Man arrested at state Capitol after Anderson Co. police chase
- Kentucky State Police say a man took them on a chase through two counties before his arrest near the state Capitol.
State police resolve to decrease fatalities in 2015
- Kentucky State Police have their own New Year's resolution. They want to protect more drivers in 2015.
"Big Blue Boogieman" builds following
- UK superfan Darren Moscoe has made a name for himself with his unique dance moves in Rupp Arena's stands.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.