Franklin County Sheriff urges drivers to avoid flooded roadways
- At least 15 roads were shut down by high water Friday morning.
State auditor concerned about rural hospitals' financial health
- The findings of a year-long study into the financial health of rural Kentucky hospitals are in and the state auditor says the results are concerning.
Franklin County deputies to crack down on distracted drivers
- During the month of April, Franklin County deputies will crackdown on distracted drivers.
Frankfort man shoots stranger he says tried to take grandson
- A Frankfort grandfather says he had to shoot a man who tried to take one of his grandchildren. He says the man told him God told him to do it.
Kentucky libraries can raise taxes without voter permission
- The Kentucky Court of Appeals has ruled that most public libraries can raise taxes by 4 percent each year without asking taxpayers for permission.
Ky. lawmakers try to hash out compromise on key heroin bill
- The committee for Senate Bill 192 says before the 2015 legislative session ends in a few days, they will try to find a compromise on heroin legislation that has divided the House and the Senate.
KY soldier giving Kuwaiti cat a new home
- Staff Sergeant Daryl Casey is raising money to adopt a kitten he befriended while serving in Kuwait.
Man accused of stealing bourbon barrels appears in court
- He’s accused of stealing thousands of dollars’ worth of bourbon and on Tuesday, Gilbert Curtsinger was back in front of a judge.
Frankfort authorities locate 11-year-old girl who was reported missing
- Frankfort Police Department and Office of Emergency Management have located a missing juvenile.
State auditor launching investigation into rape kit backlog
- He's launching an investigation into unprocessed rape kits. State Auditor Adam Edelen says the kits are piling up on shelves, and preventing prosecutors from doing their jobs.
Localized flooding highly likely in Franklin County
- With more rainfall on the way for Central Kentucky, emergency management officials are concerned for more high water issues.
Travel restrictions in place in Frankfort, lawmakers stay home
- A historic snow storm came at a crucial time for Kentucky lawmakers.
Central Kentucky road crews dig out of snow storm
- Crews from Lexington, Scott, Madison and Franklin counties responded to Thursday's record snowfall.
Two men honored for saving life in Franklin County
- They risked their lives to save the life of a stranger and on Thursday, two men were honored for their heroic actions.
Volunteers dig out Frankfort schools
- Dozens of volunteers removed snow and ice from sidewalks, steps, and parking lots at Frankfort Independent Schools Sunday.
Frankfort digs out from latest round of snowfall
- Just when all of the snow was removed from Franklin County's main roads, a new round of snow sent crews back out to plow.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.