Roger Cline spoke at a rally in the state capitol rotunda Thursday in support of House Bill 289, which if passed would ban smoking in indoor public places.
Cline says his wife, Deborah, died recently of lung cancer. But she never smoked.
But he says she worked in an environment that he believes exposed her to second hand smoke.
"A lot of people would smoke outside, but the smoke was drawn into her office through a ventilation system in her office. This happened over a period of 6 and a half years and that’s where we believe it came from, and the doctor said it was a possible cause," Cline said.
The bill is sponsored by Rep. Susan Westrom, D-Lexington.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Frankfort.|