Kentucky Officials Restrict Sale Of Birds Amid Flu Outbreak
- The state veterinarian has banned the sale of birds at flea markets and swap meets to protect Kentucky's poultry industry amid an avian flu outbreak.
Investigators expose heroin sales through controlled buys in Franklin Co. jail
- Eric Collings, 28, is charged with drug trafficking after investigators said he sold drugs while inside the Franklin Co. Regional Jail.
Frankfort man accused of punching trooper who ordered him to pull over
- Police say Chaistain stopped his car, got out and punched the trooper who was trying to get him to pull over. The citation says he calmed down after another trooper threatened to shock him with a Taser him.
Bourbon security guard pleads guilty to aiding theft ring
- A former Buffalo Trace Distillery guard has pleaded guilty to aiding a Kentucky bourbon theft ring that investigators say sold thousands of dollars of bourbon illegally.
Man faces DUI, other charges after crashing into deputy's cruiser
- The sheriff's office says Kevin T. Jones, 46, slammed into a deputy's cruiser around 10:30 p.m. when the deputy stopped on US 60 to help a driver who struck a deer.
Lawmakers begin search for LRC director
- State lawmakers have agreed to spend up to $25,000 to search for a new director of the Legislative Research Commission.
University's $45.8M 2015-16 budget to include personnel cuts
- Kentucky State University President Raymond Burse has outlined plans for next year's $45.8 million operating budget.
Gruesome find in Frankfort woman's backyard
- A disturbing discovery in Frankfort where a woman says someone lynched a bird and hung it from a tree in her backyard.
Kentucky National Guard Memorial dedicated in Frankfort
- Memorial Day is a day to remember the military men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice.
Kentucky Senator Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding
- Republican state Sen. Brandon Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding.
Website lets Kentuckians check on condition of waterways
- State officials say Kentuckians can now click on a website to find out if their favorite spot on the water is safe to swim or if the fish there are healthy enough to eat.
Frankfort Police make arrest in home invasion
- Frankfort Police charged Matthew Hyatt with burglary and sexual abuse. He pleaded not guilty to those charges Wednesday morning.
Police increase patrols after Frankfort woman attacked inside home
- Police are searching for a man they say broke into a home and tried to sexually assault a woman.
Disaster recovery centers open in Franklin, Rowan counties
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency is opening disaster recovery centers in Franklin and Rowan counties this week.
New documents released in bourbon theft case
- Newly filed court documents have more details about a bourbon theft ring.
Auction of Fish and Wildlife goods to be Monday
- Boats, trucks, weapons and other items will be up for bid Monday.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.