Road in Frankfort closed after tree takes out utility poles
- Authorities have closed a Franklin County road Friday after a tree fell.
Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Frankfort
- On Thursday, people from across the state are remembering the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
Kentucky lawmakers hear testimony on militarization of police
- Should Kentucky police departments be allowed to use surplus equipment from the military? That topic was discussed on Wednesday in front of state lawmakers in Frankfort.
Wrongful death lawsuit filed after teen drowns at Transylvania University
- Negligence and unsafe conditions are what the parents of a young teen say caused their son's death. Ricky Harris III, 13, drowned while at a summer camp at Transylvania University in June.
Three teens arrested after alleged stealing spree in Frankfort
- Three teenagers are arrested in Franklin County after deputies say they were involved in a stealing spree around one usually safe neighborhood.
KSU marching band to perform at NFL game
- The Kentucky State University marching band is heading to Indianapolis to perform during halftime for the Colts home opener.
Franklin Co. Humane Society encouraging adoptions to ease overcrowding
- The Franklin County Humane Society needs help saving a few lives.
KSU promotes pay-it-forward campaign
- Kentucky State University is urging businesses and residents in Frankfort to "pay it forward."
One quarter of KSU students dropped for non-payment
- Kentucky State University plans to drop a quarter of its student body. The university says that some students who were dropped have balances as high as $40,000.
US 60 in Franklin Co. open after DUI crash
- Franklin County Police say a car crash on US-60 between Lyons Drive and Forest Hill Drive was impacting traffic for hours.
Community gathers to raise money for marine's widow
- Dozens of people gathered at a central Kentucky restaurant Thursday evening to help a woman whose husband was murdered.
Frankfort teen remembered for work with National Guard Memorial
- Dillon Walker had just graduated from Western Hills High School in Frankfort and was about to move on to college, but those who knew him say it's what he was doing outside the classroom that had a big impact.
Man convicted for 1998 shooting, arrested again in Franklin Co.
- Complaints from neighbors led deputies in Franklin County to a big arrest.
$236,000 worth of marijuana found in Franklin Co.
- Deputies found 118 marijuana plants behind a construction site on Monday.
Traffic warning issued ahead of 'World's Longest Yard Sale'
- As Central Kentucky prepares for the annual U.S. 127 Yard Sale, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has some reminders for shoppers and other motorists.
Frankfort father leaves children behind in attempted escape
- Timothy Delbridge is accused of shoplifting from a Frankfort gas station, when he tried to escape, he left his children behind.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.