KSU promotes pay-it-forward campaign
- Kentucky State University is urging businesses and residents in Frankfort to "pay it forward."
One quarter of KSU students dropped for non-payment
- Kentucky State University plans to drop a quarter of its student body. The university says that some students who were dropped have balances as high as $40,000.
US 60 in Franklin Co. open after DUI crash
- Franklin County Police say a car crash on US-60 between Lyons Drive and Forest Hill Drive was impacting traffic for hours.
Community gathers to raise money for marine's widow
- Dozens of people gathered at a central Kentucky restaurant Thursday evening to help a woman whose husband was murdered.
Frankfort teen remembered for work with National Guard Memorial
- Dillon Walker had just graduated from Western Hills High School in Frankfort and was about to move on to college, but those who knew him say it's what he was doing outside the classroom that had a big impact.
Man convicted for 1998 shooting, arrested again in Franklin Co.
- Complaints from neighbors led deputies in Franklin County to a big arrest.
$236,000 worth of marijuana found in Franklin Co.
- Deputies found 118 marijuana plants behind a construction site on Monday.
Traffic warning issued ahead of 'World's Longest Yard Sale'
- As Central Kentucky prepares for the annual U.S. 127 Yard Sale, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has some reminders for shoppers and other motorists.
Frankfort father leaves children behind in attempted escape
- Timothy Delbridge is accused of shoplifting from a Frankfort gas station, when he tried to escape, he left his children behind.
Former Franklin Co. deputy court clerk arrested on drug charges
- The Franklin County Sheriff says Brad McGaughey, 31, was indicted on charges of possessing cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Nearly 20 cats rescued in hoarding case
- Dozens of cats have been rescued from a hoarding case in Franklin County.
KSP issues a traffic advisory for outlet mall opening
- The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass opens Thursday, as result, officials expect heavy traffic in that area of Shelby County.
Frankfort couple smells smoke, escapes fire
- Fire officials say an elderly couple escaped a fire that badly damaged a Frankfort home early Wednesday morning.
Franklin Co. Court cleaning man arrested on drug charges
- An ongoing drug investigation in Franklin County has led to a courthouse cleaning man being arrested.
Sheriff: Mom left child at Frankfort hotel pool while she got high
- Deputies say Paula Ward left her child alone in a hotel pool while she smoked crack cocaine Sunday night.
Diesel spill ties up traffic on Interstate 64 in Franklin County
- The Franklin County Sheriff's Office says crews are working to clean up the diesel spill in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 64 at mile marker 47.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.