Franklin Co. couple found passed out in car with infant inside
- A Franklin County Couple is in jail, accused of being high on drugs with a child in the car.
Nicholasville NOW announces 2014 Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest
- The Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest will be held Saturday, May 17, 2014 in Downtown Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Berea College students handcraft 120 chairs for Governor’s Mansion
- As part of the Governor’s Mansion Centennial Celebration, student-artists from Berea College have handcrafted 120 new chairs for the Governor’s Mansion.
Keeneland releases security protocols forToyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Keeneland announced enhanced security measures for horses competing in the Toyota Blue Grass, to be held on Saturday, April 12.
Kentucky joins national texting enforcement movement
- Kentucky officials are saying if you drive and text, you will pay.
Kentucky House panel OKs anti-heroin measure
- A Kentucky House panel has cleared a measure aimed at stemming the tide of heroin abuse in the state.
27 Ky. artists display work in Derby exhibit
- Works from 27 Kentucky artists are being included in the 2014 Governor's Derby Exhibit in Frankfort.
Church treasurer victim of attempted robbery in Frankfort church
- Police looking for subject who did not get any cash.
Judge: Eminent domain can't be used for pipeline
- A judge has decided that eminent domain can't be used to take private land to build a natural gas pipeline through Kentucky.
Grimes calls for victim privacy
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes launched a program on Tuesday aimed at keeping the addresses of domestic violence and sexual assault victims out of publicly available voter records.
Ky. House OKs bill to help finance Rupp renovation
- The Kentucky House has passed a bill to help finance the renovation of Rupp Arena and a new convention center in downtown Lexington.
Large to small, aquarium displaying turtles
- A new exhibit opening this week at Newport Aquarium will include more than 14 species of turtles from three continents.
Bill to strengthen school accountability in Kentucky advances
- A bill aimed at strengthening accountability standards for Kentucky's school districts is advancing in the General Assembly.
Lawmakers talk gaming expansion at the capitol
- Expanded gaming was a topic of discussion once again in Frankfort.
State drug leaders concerned over new painkiller
- A new painkiller set to launch soon is causing abuse concerns among some state drug leaders. They say the new pill is very potent and doesn't include any safeguards to prevent against abuse.
Frankfort Police want two people in connection with credit card theft
- Frankfort Police say stolen credit cards were used to purchase more than $5,000 worth of merchandise.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.