Franklin County man, 19, charged with human trafficking
- Franklin County investigators arrested Jonathan Diaz, 19, at a motel in Frankfort Saturday morning. Diaz is charged with human trafficking.
Owner: Burglars target dozens of units in Franklin County storage facility
- The owner of a self-storage facility says burglars broke into dozens of units.
Casey Co. clerk says Beshear told him to issue same-sex marriage licenses or resign
- Casey Davis, a Kentucky clerk of court who wants the state to issue marriage licenses online so he doesn't have to, says Gov. Steve Beshear told him to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples or resign.
County clerks ask Kentucky governor for special session
- A county clerk says nearly half of the county clerks in Kentucky have asked Gov. Steve Beshear to call a special session of the legislature to address the issue of gay marriage licenses after same-sex marriage was legalized.
KSP: Trooper shoots at car in defense during Franklin Co. chase
- Kentucky State Police arrested a Frankfort man after a chase on Tuesday night.
Kentucky Guard members help fellow Guard member find stolen car
- A Kentucky Army National Guard member is thankful for help from his fellow Guard members in finding his stolen car.
Hundreds of Kentucky state engineers get sizable raises
- About 550 engineers in the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet have received raises averaging 20 percent in a plan to curb high turnover and costly contracts for private engineers.
Buffalo Trace Distillery celebrates opening of visitor center
- A Franklin County distillery is celebrating an expansion.
Arrest made in K-State player's shooting death
- Investigators in Georgia said they made an arrest Friday in connection to the shooting death of a Kentucky State University student.
Local McDonald’s Owner-Operator Receives Statewide Award
- The Kentucky Board of Education recently presented the 15th annual Joseph W. Kelly Award to Paintsville McDonald’s Owner-Operator Bob Hutchison.
Worker killed at Boone National Guard Center in Frankfort
- A National Guard spokesperson says a piece of construction equipment collapsed Monday morning, killing one worker and injuring another.
Frankfort police searching for hit-and-run driver
- The debris that was scattered on Wilkinson Boulevard in Frankfort from an overnight hit-and-run was cleared by Friday morning, but police say they are still searching for the driver who left a man lying in the road.
Sheriff: Franklin Co. mother found high with infant in car
- Sheriff Pat Melton says deputies found Shanicque Chandler, 30, early Thursday morning along Highway 151 beneath the Interstate 64 overpass.
Kentucky Officials Restrict Sale Of Birds Amid Flu Outbreak
- The state veterinarian has banned the sale of birds at flea markets and swap meets to protect Kentucky's poultry industry amid an avian flu outbreak.
Investigators expose heroin sales through controlled buys in Franklin Co. jail
- Eric Collings, 28, is charged with drug trafficking after investigators said he sold drugs while inside the Franklin Co. Regional Jail.
Frankfort man accused of punching trooper who ordered him to pull over
- Police say Chaistain stopped his car, got out and punched the trooper who was trying to get him to pull over. The citation says he calmed down after another trooper threatened to shock him with a Taser him.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.