Surveillance video shows Georgetown gas station robbery
- A Georgetown gas station clerk says when a robber came into her store and forced her to the ground on Thursday night, the only thing she could think about was her children.
Staying warm in Central Kentucky during an extreme wind chill
- Lexington's wind chill was at -14 degrees on Thursday morning.
Sony's 'The Interview' debuts to large crowds at Georgetown theater
- A theater in Georgetown was one of only three in Kentucky - and one of only a few hundred across the country - to premiere the headline-making movie on Christmas Day.
Georgetown family gets new roof for Christmas
- Roofers in Georgetown gave the gift of warmth to a family in need Saturday.
Georgetown College students charged for getting 16-year-old drunk
- A group of Georgetown College students are facing charges after police say they got a 16-year-old drunk.
Family preparing to give special Christmas to needy Scott Co. children
- A family that is scattered from Denver to D.C. has been collecting dozens of coats and toys for needy children in Scott County.
Georgetown Police release surveillance photos from Shell robberies
- Georgetown Police Department on Monday released photos of a man who robbed two Shell gas stations Sunday.
10 people, chihuahua escape fire in Georgetown home
- Ten people, including three children, were displaced after a house fire Wednesday morning on Bourbon Street.
Volunteers offer rides to homeless shelters
- Staying outdoors for too long can be dangerous and even deadly, that's why volunteers in Georgetown and Lexington wanted to help the homeless stay warm.
#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Scott Co. mother grateful for support after losing husband, son in wreck
- She's opening up about heartbreak and hope. A Scott County mother talks to WKYT about losing her husband and son in a car wreck the same day she went into labor and delivered their third child.
Scott Co. High School preparing for freezing night of football
- The second week of Kentucky's high school football playoff kicks off Friday night. Fans will need plenty of extra layers to stay warm at the games.
Friends raise funds for Scott Co. crash victim who lost husband, son
- They're helping a young mother who suffered an unthinkable loss.
Georgetown College dedicates game to basketball player battling cancer
- On November 2nd, Lauren Hill played in her first collegiate basketball game for Mount St. Josephs College, but doctors say she may not live to see 2015.
Georgetown Mayor loses re-election bid by 21 votes
- Incumbent Georgetown Mayor Everette Varney lost his re-election bid by just 21 votes on Tuesday. More than 8,500 votes were cast.
Preliminary cause determined for fire at Georgetown business
- The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Monday at A & Z Towing on Industry Road in Georgetown.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown