Cold causes crop concerns
Updated: 5:22 PM
- The freeze threat comes as the growing season is getting underway. Trees and flowers have started to bloom, and this freeze is coming at a bad time for businesses that rely on crops.
Animal control car crashes into home, police believe alcohol was involved
- A Scott County family tells us their home has thousands of dollars in damage and they say it was caused by a crash involving an animal control vehicle.
School day being extended in Scott County to make up snow days
- Beginning March 24, the school day for Scott County students will be extended by 20 minutes.
Road conditions deteriorate quickly, causing wrecks in snow
- Not long after the snow started falling, we started seeing numerous crashes. Lexington Police say so far, they've dealt with 22 crashes.
Woman charged in 2010 Scott County murder case appears in court
- Ciji Jefferson is believed to be involved in a Scott County murder case from 2010.
House committee approves school snow day waiver
- A House committee has approved a bill that would forgive public schools up to 10 missed school days because of winter weather.
Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting SEC Tournament Pep Rally
- The Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club is hosting a pep rally before UK’s first game on Friday, March 14, 2014, at 2 p.m. ET at the Hawk Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
Georgetown police catch suspected copper thieves in the act
- Georgetown police arrested one man and are searching for another man after they say they caught them stealing copper Sunday night.
WKYT SkyFirst flies over snow covered central Kentucky
- From WKYT SkyFirst, Officer Don surveyed how some parts of central Kentucky have gotten up to five inches of snow as wintry weather moved across the state.
Storm leaves snowy mess in Georgetown
- Conditions in Georgetown starting getting bad late Sunday night. By about 10:00 Monday morning, the snow had stopped falling from the sky, but stayed put right where it fell.
Scott County road crews set to tackle another round of winter weather
- A very busy winter for road crews in Scott County continues into March.
Theft suspect claims to be taking donations for Georgetown homeless shelter
- Georgetown police are searching for a man stealing donations that are supposed to go to the homeless.
Harsh winter causes more potholes to pop up in Kentucky
- It’s a side effect of this long winter we've had--those pesky potholes have been popping up everywhere from neighborhood streets to interstates.
School bus slides off road, van flips into Scott Co. creek
- Two buses ended up sliding off the same road in Scott County because of black ice.
Weather-weary drivers tired of slick roads
- In the 12 hours after snow started falling Friday night, police say there have been dozens of accidents in Lexington, Scott County and Madison County.
Georgetown Police plan extra patrols during snowy weather
- Scott County is bracing for another round of snow on Friday night. The area is under Winter Storm Warning.
Pax hits Kentucky: Winter weather continues to pack a punch
- Winter weather is still packing a punch, and it’s continuing to hit the community’s blood supply hard.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown