Steady rain brings flooding concerns to Scott County
- Emergency Management officials are concerned about flooding around central Kentucky as the Bluegrass gets showered with more rain.
Scott County creek rising
- Scott County Emergency Management officials say the Elkhorn Creek is rising. They expect some minor flooding over the next few days.
Streets salted, plowed after Georgetown water main break
- Water flowed down Main and Broadway Streets after a water main break on Saturday morning.
WKYT SKYFIRST | Watch aerials of snow-covered Kentucky
- As Kentucky digs out from under a record-breaking snowfall, WKYT SKYFIRST flies over snow-covered Lexington, Georgetown, Paris, and Frankfort and parts of eastern Kentucky dealing with snow and flooding.
Drivers battle icy roads in Scott County
- Many people decided it was too risky to travel Thursday night.
Some of those who did hit the roads, quickly learned it was a mistake.
Central Kentucky road crews dig out of snow storm
- Crews from Lexington, Scott, Madison and Franklin counties responded to Thursday's record snowfall.
Georgetown, Scott Co. make changes to prepare better for snow
- Georgetown Mayor Tom Prather announced Tuesday a new interim snow plan to help respond better to the coming snowstorm.
Scott County Middle School closed Tuesday due to heating problem
- All other Scott County schools will be open Tuesday, according to school leaders.
Five charged with selling thousands of counterfeit DVDs, CDs at Georgetown flea market
- Five people have been charged with selling tens of thousands of dollars worth of counterfeit DVDs and CDs at the Georgetown Flea Market.
Georgetown public works crews nearly done with snow removal
- City of Georgetown public works crews have worked 14 days without a day off to clean roads of snow and ice; all that's left are a few mounds of ice along Broadway and Main Street
Icy winter storm hits Georgetown
- WKYT's Hillary Thornton reported icy roadways throughout Georgetown on Saturday.
Scott County fire crews rescue cow from frozen pond
- Scott County firefighters pulled a cow from an iced over pond Thursday morning.
Man dies after being run over by tractor in Scott County
- The coroner says a man died Tuesday after a deadly accident at a Scott County farm.
Coroner: Two found dead in Georgetown home identified
- The Georgetown Police Department and Scott County coroner are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
School holds 'Active Shooter Training' in Georgetown
- Teachers had some hands-on practice, on what to do if there is a school shooting.
Regional florists brace for busiest holiday of the year
- With Valentine's Day less than a week away, regional florists are seeing a large number of orders coming in for the holiday with more each day than the last.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown