WKYT - Georgetown - Headlines

Family shocked by troubles Kentucky mom faced

By: Tim Johnston Email
By: Tim Johnston Email

CLARK COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - It's a story that has many people in disbelief. Tiffany Klapheke, a 21-year-old mother from Georgetown, is charged with three counts of injury to a child for allegedly neglecting her three-year-old, 22-month-old, and six-month-old. Her 22-month-old, Tamryn, was found dead on Wednesday at Klapheke's home on Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas.

Klapheke's husband, Thomas, is currently overseas serving in the Air Force.

"It's just unbelievable that this has happened to my sister," said Amber Lindzy, Klapheke's sister.

Family members say Klapheke never hinted at the troubles she was facing or the stress she claims to have been feeling.

"I mean I thought everything was good, if she had needed help, I would've tried to find her help," stated Lynn Mynheir, who lives in Clark County and is Klapheke's biological mother.

Mynhier said she gave up her daughter when she was five-years-old and later reconnected with her after she was 18. Since then she's been doing her best to rebuild that relationship and connect to her grandkids. Only one, the oldest who carries Mynhier's middle name, she's actually met.

"Got to talk to her on the phone and stuff, and kept in contact with her on Facebook. We were getting ready to start getting in contact on Skype. I was trying to get that hooked up."

Then this death happened. What Mynhier and others didn't know is that Klapheke said in a jailhouse interview that she nearly killed herself just weeks ago.

"I just got really, really depressed and I tried attempting suicide three weeks ago and my friend came in and stopped me," said Klapheke.

Instead, her sister says she always seemed to be in high spirits and always proud of her three kids.

"She was as happy as could be," recalled Lindzy of their last conversation.

Now, those who know the Klaphekes are left wondering what went wrong.

According to the preliminary autopsy report, Tamryn showed no signs of trauma but did suffer from dehydration, malnutrition, and even had chemical burns on her body that the medical examiner reported came after her death. Investigators say it's likely due to the human waste the children were found living in.

The other two children are also said to be recovering and are expected to be removed from the Intensive Care Unit, soon.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 168093686 - wkyt.com/a?a=168093686
Gray Television, Inc.