WKYT - Georgetown - Headlines

Firefighters clean up chemical spill at Georgetown hospital

GEORGETOWN, Ky. (WKYT) - Firefighters were at Georgetown Community Hospital for about two hours Monday afternoon cleaning up after a chemical spill.

They say a little after 1:00 this afternoon, workers in one of the hospital labs spilled some chemicals containing formaldehyde. They say there were six workers in that lab at the time. They say those workers were overcome by fumes. Some complaining of burning eyes or breathing problems. HazMat workers went into the lab to get things cleaned up. Those workers were treated at the scene and firefighters say they'll be fine.

A hospital official said the hospital operated normally throughout the incident. They say no rooms besides the lab were affected.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270808441 - wkyt.com/a?a=270808441
Gray Television, Inc.