A man and his two grandchildren escaped a burning home early Thursday.
James Bailey tells 27 NEWSFIRST he first smelled smoke inside his Dogwood Drive home in Georgetown around 2:30 a.m..
"Burning my eyes, I knew something wasn't right," Bailey said. "I heard something pop in the attic, that's when I called 911."
When firefighters arrived, smoke was pouring out of the home. Bailey, his two grandsons, and his two dogs were already out of the home, allowing firefighters to concentrate on putting the fire out.
Firefighters think the fire started around the home's wood-burning stove and spread.
Two rooms were damaged.
No one was hurt.
Bailey said he rents the home and he had renter's insurance, so he'll be able to replace the things that were destroyed.
For now, he's going to find another place to live.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Georgetown.|