Chrysalis House Executive Director Lisa Minton announced today that the R. J. Corman 5K Run/Walk benefit Chrysalis House will be held Saturday, May 18 at R. J. Corman’s in Nicholasville. Walkers and runners may register online at www.cormanracesforchrysalis.com or call (859)977-2502.
Online registration will be available until midnight, Thursday, May 16 ($20). Packet pickup will be Wednesday, May 15th (11am-2pm & 4pm-6pm) and Thursday, May 16th (12pm-4pm) at the Chrysalis Community Center, located at 1589 Hill Rise Drive, Lexington, KY.
Race day registration($25) will be open at 7:30 a.m.at R. J. Corman Railroad Group, 101 R. J. Corman Drive, Nicholasville, KY; the events will begin at 9:00 a.m.
• Prize Money for Top 3 Male and Female Finishers
1st Place $750 Cash
2nd Place $250 Cash
3rd Place $100 Cash
Five (5) $200 Random Drawing Cash Giveaways
• The R. J. Corman facility includes a heated pavilion and indoor restrooms
• Post race food prepared by My Old Kentucky Dinner Train's Executive Chef, Gil Logan--burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, wraps, fruit and churned HOMEMADE ice cream
• Chip timed by 3 Way Racing with scrolling results
• The race course is completely closed to the public
• Safe, convenient and free parking to all participants
• Photographer will be there to capture your "race face"
• Participants will receive a race t-shirt
• Activities for the kids
Minton commented “Chrysalis House wants to thank R. J. Corman Railroad Group. The course and facilities are second to none and we anticipate a great crowd for this family-friendly event! Chrysalis House is Kentucky's oldest and largest licensed substance abuse treatment program for women. We have been saving lives for over 35 years. Over 200 women and their families children were served last year. All services are funded by grants and private donations. The 5K is one of our major annual fund raisers with proceeds directly benefiting our clients.” Chrysalis House, Inc. programs are licensed by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
Register early at www.cormanracesforchrysalis.com or for more information call (859) 977-2502.