Burglars target farm for retired thoroughbred horses
- The office of Old Friends Equine in Scott County was broken into early Friday morning.
Georgetown woman takes ambulance for joyride
- Just after 6:30 Thursday night, a Georgetown-Scott County EMS crew stopped for a bite to eat at the Wendy's on Paris Pike.
Disaster recovery centers open in Franklin, Rowan counties
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency is opening disaster recovery centers in Franklin and Rowan counties this week.
National Weather Service surveys damage in Scott County
- The National Weather Service says straight line winds knocked down nearly 50 trees in Scott County
Scott Co. Health Department working to create needle exchange program
- Officials at the Scott County Health Department are working on a needle exchange program.
Eight students taken to hospital after bus crash in Scott County
- Eight students had to be taken to the hospital Thursday, after a crash involving a school bus in Scott county.
Scott Co. teen paralyzed in motocross accident determined to walk again
- It was a split-second decision. Its consequences were anything but.
Toyota beats VW, GM for top place in global vehicle sales
- Toyota Motor Corp. is still at the top in global vehicle sales after the first quarter, selling 2.52 million vehicles around the world.
Roads in Lexington, Georgetown remain impassable due to flooding
- The Lexington Police Department urged drivers to avoid Todds Road at the Clark County line on Saturday due to high water.
Man critically hurt in Scott County truck crash
- Scott County investigators are trying to determine exactly what caused a truck crash on I-75 that critically injured a man Sunday morning.
Judge grants bond to woman ahead of sentencing
- A woman who admitted to playing a role in a Scott county murder case will get out of jail.
Georgetown good Samaritan helps police make arrest
- Police made a quick arrest in a gas station robbery thanks to a good Samaritan.
Steady rain brings flooding concerns to Scott County
- Emergency Management officials are concerned about flooding around central Kentucky as the Bluegrass gets showered with more rain.
Scott County creek rising
- Scott County Emergency Management officials say the Elkhorn Creek is rising. They expect some minor flooding over the next few days.
Streets salted, plowed after Georgetown water main break
- Water flowed down Main and Broadway Streets after a water main break on Saturday morning.
WKYT SKYFIRST | Watch aerials of snow-covered Kentucky
- As Kentucky digs out from under a record-breaking snowfall, WKYT SKYFIRST flies over snow-covered Lexington, Georgetown, Paris, and Frankfort and parts of eastern Kentucky dealing with snow and flooding.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown