#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Scott Co. mother grateful for support after losing husband, son in wreck
- She's opening up about heartbreak and hope. A Scott County mother talks to WKYT about losing her husband and son in a car wreck the same day she went into labor and delivered their third child.
Scott Co. High School preparing for freezing night of football
- The second week of Kentucky's high school football playoff kicks off Friday night. Fans will need plenty of extra layers to stay warm at the games.
Friends raise funds for Scott Co. crash victim who lost husband, son
- They're helping a young mother who suffered an unthinkable loss.
Georgetown College dedicates game to basketball player battling cancer
- On November 2nd, Lauren Hill played in her first collegiate basketball game for Mount St. Josephs College, but doctors say she may not live to see 2015.
Georgetown Mayor loses re-election bid by 21 votes
- Incumbent Georgetown Mayor Everette Varney lost his re-election bid by just 21 votes on Tuesday. More than 8,500 votes were cast.
Preliminary cause determined for fire at Georgetown business
- The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Monday at A & Z Towing on Industry Road in Georgetown.
Scott Co. road crews keeping an eye on snowy Halloween forecast
- Snow is in the forecast for Halloween. It's only the fourth time since record keeping began.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Mortgage-free home offered in Scott County for wounded veteran
- A military foundation is offering a home in Scott County for a wounded combat veteran.
Scott County demolition temporarily on hold
- Plans to demolish a man's home, because of its state, are temporarily on hold.
Georgetown burglary suspect arrested after fleeing police
- Georgetown Police say a suspected burglar is behind bars after he ran after being spotted.
Georgetown man loses battle to save house
- A man's battle to save a condemned house is over. After a ten-year dispute with the city of Georgetown, the house Stephen Price owns is scheduled to be demolished next week.
Officials check on sex offenders in Anderson, Mercer, Scott & Woodford counties
- A dozen law enforcement agencies in four counties checked on registered sex offenders Monday morning.
Cooler weather leads to better tasting apple cider
- To apple growers, cool weather means better tasting apples and therefore better tasting apple cider.
Man killed in Scott County crash identified
- It happened Friday afternoon on Cherry Blossom Way. The coroner has identified the victim as 27-year-old Edward Derek Craft, of Georgetown.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown