Georgetown College dedicates game to basketball player battling cancer
- On November 2nd, Lauren Hill played in her first collegiate basketball game for Mount St. Josephs College, but doctors say she may not live to see 2015.
Georgetown Mayor loses re-election bid by 21 votes
- Incumbent Georgetown Mayor Everette Varney lost his re-election bid by just 21 votes on Tuesday. More than 8,500 votes were cast.
Preliminary cause determined for fire at Georgetown business
- The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Monday at A & Z Towing on Industry Road in Georgetown.
Scott Co. road crews keeping an eye on snowy Halloween forecast
- Snow is in the forecast for Halloween. It's only the fourth time since record keeping began.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Mortgage-free home offered in Scott County for wounded veteran
- A military foundation is offering a home in Scott County for a wounded combat veteran.
Scott County demolition temporarily on hold
- Plans to demolish a man's home, because of its state, are temporarily on hold.
Georgetown burglary suspect arrested after fleeing police
- Georgetown Police say a suspected burglar is behind bars after he ran after being spotted.
Georgetown man loses battle to save house
- A man's battle to save a condemned house is over. After a ten-year dispute with the city of Georgetown, the house Stephen Price owns is scheduled to be demolished next week.
Officials check on sex offenders in Anderson, Mercer, Scott & Woodford counties
- A dozen law enforcement agencies in four counties checked on registered sex offenders Monday morning.
Cooler weather leads to better tasting apple cider
- To apple growers, cool weather means better tasting apples and therefore better tasting apple cider.
Man killed in Scott County crash identified
- It happened Friday afternoon on Cherry Blossom Way. The coroner has identified the victim as 27-year-old Edward Derek Craft, of Georgetown.
Georgetown attorney charged with stealing client's identity
- A Georgetown attorney whose office is right across the street from the courthouse now finds herself on the other side of the law.
Scam Alert: Scott Co. storm victims warned to watch for repair rip-offs
- It's a scam alert for storm victims in Scott County. Leaders want you to be on guard for home repair rip-offs.
Missing Georgetown teen found
- Georgetown Police officers are looking for a missing 15-year-old girl.
A view from SKYFIRST: Tornado damage across central Kentucky
- Officer Don Evans flew over central Kentucky on Wednesday in SKYFIRST to get a bird's eye view of damage caused by storms.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Georgetown