Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
Body discovered in Mercer County home
- A death investigation is underway after a body was found in a Harrodsburg home.
Harrodsburg man arrested after drug bust
- Devonne Smith faces several drug charges after a bust Sunday night.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
Three accused in string of trailer thefts
- Deputies in Mercer County arrested three people, accusing them of stealing six trailers from throughout the county over the past several weeks.
Big Blue Crush final results: it’s four in a row for Kentucky!
- It was a record-breaking week for Kentucky and Tennessee, but Cat fans pulled off the win for the fourth year in a row in the 26th annual Big Blue Crush, 3,601 to 3,458.
Southern Lights Stroll sets the holiday season in motion
- With the return of the Southern Lights holiday festival, presented by Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky Inc., the Southern Lights Stroll returns on the festival’s opening night, Thursday, Nov. 21.
Woman escapes burning home, loses nearly everything
- Friends rally to help Mercer County family after their home was destroyed in a Saturday night fire.
SUV crash closes Kentucky highway for nearly an hour
- A Kentucky highway was shutdown for less than an hour after a crash Saturday afternoon.
Local volunteer wins national award
- The Volunteers are the Foundation of Hospice Awards recognizes hospice volunteers who best reflect the universal concept of volunteerism in its truest sense—serving as an inspiration to others.
American Diabetes Association announces World Tour for a Cure
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) in partnership with our 2013 Presenting Sponsor, UK HealthCare, Barnstable Brown Kentucky Diabetes & Obesity Center, is proud to present the American Diabetes Association’s World Tour for a Cure.
Traveling Vietnam wall on display in Harrodsburg
- The wall will be on display through Labor Day.
School says student made threats against football team
- A Central Kentucky school district is responding to a threat made against a football team.
Busy Mercer County road shut down after cooking oil spilled onto roadway
- A busy Mercer County road is shut down, after cooking oil carried by a truck leaked onto the roadway.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Harrodsburg