Man dies trying to escape fire in Harrodsburg
- Neighbors tell WKYT that a man had to jump from the second floor of his apartment in an attempt to escape the flames.
Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill to hold 5-Mile trail run
- Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill will hold its 5-Mile Trail Run Saturday, June 28.
Vandals graffiti high school with racist slurs
- Caught on tape, police say vandals showed up at Mercer County High School and damaged a bus and the school itself.
Harrodsburg warehouse fire now considered suspicious by state police
- As we first told you Monday night at 11, a fire damaged Turpin Masonry in Harrodsburg. And now state police are calling the fire suspicious.
Mercer County business owner remembered
- WKYT would like pass our deepest sympathies to a friend of this station and our parent company, Gray Television.
Man dies in Mercer Co. crash
- One person is dead after a weekend crash in central Kentucky.
Mercer Co. man sentenced to life in prison for 2009 murder
- He was convicted of killing a Central Kentucky mother.
Mercer County man accused of shipping drugs through mail
- Billy Devine II was arrested and charged for drug trafficking on Monday. More charges could follow as the Postal Service investigates his use of the mail system.
Kroger switches senior days to weekly, trims discount
- Beginning May 15, Kroger will change up its 10-percent discount program for seniors by cutting the discount in half and increasing the number of days its available.
2013 unemployment up or same in half Kentucky counties
- While the annual unemployment rates were lower in 51 Kentucky counties in 2013 than in 2012, the rates went up or stayed the same in more than half of the state's counties.
Nicholasville NOW announces 2014 Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest
- The Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest will be held Saturday, May 17, 2014 in Downtown Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Pax hits Kentucky: Winter weather continues to pack a punch
- Winter weather is still packing a punch, and it’s continuing to hit the community’s blood supply hard.
Survey finds half of kindergarteners not ready
- A new report says about half of kindergartners in Kentucky aren't prepared to master essential skills in school.
2014 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic basketball begins this week
- Every year, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are happy to sponsor the Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic, an annual celebration of youth in which students from the state’s smallest high schools get a much deserved opportunity to compete in academics and sports on a big stage.
Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Harrodsburg