Despite the loss of his family's home, Paul Kell can still smile when he thinks of his 13-year-old son, Dakota. "Yeah, he was a real hero" says Kell.
Paul and Dakota had just finished clearing out their attic when a fire started. They say they had little time to react. "I went upstairs, found where it was" says Paul Kell. "There was too much smoke and flames to try and do anything. My son grabbed his two brothers and took them across the street and then called 911."
Firefighters have not determined an official cause, but early signs point to a lamp in the attic that likely overheated. The family was in the process of relocating and had many heirlooms and valuables prepared for the move when the fire destroyed them.
A difficult loss, but Paul is grateful to his son that no one was hurt. "He was pretty shaken up about it after-wards, and we talked a lot about it and I just told him, he did good."