Body discovered in Mercer County home
- A death investigation is underway after a body was found in a Harrodsburg home.
Harrodsburg man arrested after drug bust
- Devonne Smith faces several drug charges after a bust Sunday night.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
Three accused in string of trailer thefts
- Deputies in Mercer County arrested three people, accusing them of stealing six trailers from throughout the county over the past several weeks.
Big Blue Crush final results: it’s four in a row for Kentucky!
- It was a record-breaking week for Kentucky and Tennessee, but Cat fans pulled off the win for the fourth year in a row in the 26th annual Big Blue Crush, 3,601 to 3,458.
Southern Lights Stroll sets the holiday season in motion
- With the return of the Southern Lights holiday festival, presented by Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky Inc., the Southern Lights Stroll returns on the festival’s opening night, Thursday, Nov. 21.
Woman escapes burning home, loses nearly everything
- Friends rally to help Mercer County family after their home was destroyed in a Saturday night fire.
SUV crash closes Kentucky highway for nearly an hour
- A Kentucky highway was shutdown for less than an hour after a crash Saturday afternoon.
Local volunteer wins national award
- The Volunteers are the Foundation of Hospice Awards recognizes hospice volunteers who best reflect the universal concept of volunteerism in its truest sense—serving as an inspiration to others.
American Diabetes Association announces World Tour for a Cure
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) in partnership with our 2013 Presenting Sponsor, UK HealthCare, Barnstable Brown Kentucky Diabetes & Obesity Center, is proud to present the American Diabetes Association’s World Tour for a Cure.
Traveling Vietnam wall on display in Harrodsburg
- The wall will be on display through Labor Day.
School says student made threats against football team
- A Central Kentucky school district is responding to a threat made against a football team.
Busy Mercer County road shut down after cooking oil spilled onto roadway
- A busy Mercer County road is shut down, after cooking oil carried by a truck leaked onto the roadway.
Creepy crawlies big attraction at Kentucky park
- An eastern Kentucky state park will provide another opportunity this year for people to get a look into the world of caterpillars.
Dozens of Kentucky schools raise dropout age
- Within two days of a new state law going into effect, 54 public school systems in Kentucky voted to raise the dropout age to 18. See a list of which schools have voted in favor of the change.
Walgreens and customers support the fight against breast cancer across the U.S
- More than $8.5 million raised by customers from one of the nation’s largest retailers will help pay for treatment support and screenings for breast cancer patients in communities across the country served by the world’s largest breast cancer organization, Walgreens and Komen announced today.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Harrodsburg