WKYT - Johnson - Headlines

Officials say kerosene heater started fire at Johnson Co. business

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - The quick response of some Johnson County firefighters saved one business Thursday afternoon.

It happened just before 1:00.

Officials say folks at MCL Excavating in Flat Gap were trying to warm some frozen pipes with a kerosene heater and it caught the floor and a wall on fire.

Four fire departments responded to the scene and were able to put the fire out and save the building.

They say this is an example of why folks need to be extra careful with kerosene heaters this time of year.

"They're extremely dangerous. They can be a great big help on frozen pipes and things, but patience if you can," said Jeff Helton, Johnson County Rescue Squad Chief.

No one was injured.

It only took the fire departments about two hours to make sure the fire was out.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 242850011 - wkyt.com/a?a=242850011
Gray Television, Inc.