Family says contractor scammed them out of $11,000
- A Lexington family says a man claimed to be a private contractor, but ended up scamming them out of more than $10,000.
Intense search for escaped patient on I-64
- Multiple police officers came out to help search for the man.
A Lexington man brings sled hockey to Lexington
- One of the most popular sports of the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia is sled hockey. WKYT's Amber Philpott got the chance to try the unfamiliar sport and introduces us to a Lexington man on a mission to bring sled hockey to the the bluegrass.
Public offers feedback on Fayette Co. $20M school shortfall
- They’ve asked for help as they try to fix a $20 million budget shortfall and on Thursday, Fayette County school leaders received plenty of ideas from the public.
Kentucky Blood Center urging donations to offset winter weather cancellations
- Just as Kentuckians are struggling with the aftermath of winter weather this week, Kentucky Blood Center (KBC) is struggling to build up a blood supply thumped by Old Man Winter.
Lexington neighborhood on lookout for Peeping Tom
- Folks living in Lexington's largest subdivision are warning each other about a Peeping Tom.
Man questioned in Lexington arson
- Police found the man inside a home that had a "No Trespassing" sign. It was a few houses up from the scene of the fire.
UK professor accused of having child porn on work computer
- The FBI and UK police are investigating a professor who is accused of having child porn on his work computer.
Shooting victim runs to Lexington home for help
- A man says he was walking with his brother when someone driving by shot him.
CentrePointe project set to 'blast' into new phase
- After breaking ground months ago, the project is now set to move forward with a series of blasts to help break the limestone below.
Bill to allow Lexington to raise hotel taxes for Rupp renovation
- On Wednesday, the University of Kentucky said it plans to sign a long-term lease to keep laying in Rupp Arena. This comes as a Lexington state representative says he has an idea on how to help pay for the cost of renovating Rupp.
Gay-rights bill gets hearing from Ky. House panel
An ex-police officer who says he was fired because of his sexual orientation has urged Kentucky lawmakers to pass an anti-discrimination bill aimed at protecting gays.
Robbery victim recognizes suspect as high school classmate
- Police arrested a man for armed robbery after one of his victims recognized him as an old high school classmate.
Crews battle Apartment fire in Lexington
- Several fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire in Lexington.
Local attorney reacts to Conway's emotional decision
- The state of Kentucky will appeal a ruling forcing it to recognize same sex marriages, but Attorney General Jack Conway won't be part of it.
Auditor: Agency served itself, not the public
- A Lexington agency that's supposed to help local governments is now accused of serving itself instead of the public.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington