Judge declines to reconsider death row appeal
- A federal judge has turned down a request from a Kentucky death row inmate to reconsider his reject a new trial and to overturn his death sentences in the slayings of three people in central Kentucky.
Coyote spotted in Lexington neighborhood; dog killed
- A Lexington woman let her dog Max into the backyard. After hearing Max bark, she looked outside and could no longer see him, but did see a pair of glowing eyes looking back at her.
VisitLEX Announces New Commission Members Geoff Reed and Jamie
- VisitLEX is pleased to announce Mr. Geoff Reed and Mr. Jamie Link as the newest members of the VisitLEX Commission. Mr. Reed is the Commissioner of General Services for the Lexington Fayette Urban County Government. Mr. Link is the new Executive Director of the Kentucky Horse Park.
Two men accused of using stolen credit cards in Lexington
- Police arrested two men accused of using stolen credit cards on Thursday.
Lexington police charge two men wanted in robberies
- Two men wanted for a shooting and a robbery in Lexington has been arrested.
Fire destroys family's home in Lexington
- A early afternoon fire leaves a Lexington family without their home and without most of their belongings.
Fayette Co. school board begins acting superintendent interviews
- The Fayette County Board of Education has started interviewing potential candidates for an acting superintendent.
Kentucky Horse Park lights up for holidays
- An annual tradition will light up Lexington beginning Thursday night.
Lexington man arrested for burglary after home invasion
- A man was arrested after, police say, he broke into a home on East Loudon Avenue.
Lexington Police foot chase ends in arrest
- Lexington Police arrested one man and are still looking for another after tracking down a stolen car.
Lexington man attacked with club, knife in attempted robbery
- A man started knocking on doors at a Lexington motel, looking for help after he was beaten during an attempted robbery Wednesday night.
Fire damages Lexington home, neighboring homes temporarily evacuated
- It happened at a home on Balfour Drive in the Winburn neighborhood. Police told neighbors to get out of their homes until the fire was under control.
Softball team needs donations after fire destroys equipment
- It was a huge loss for the Bryan Station High School softball team --- a fire at their field destroyed thousands of dollars’ worth of equipment.
Lexington firefighters talk proper disposal of hot ashes, embers during winter
- Cold weather calls for a reason to use your fireplace. But before you light those logs, Lexington firefighters have a warning that could save you and your home.
Lexington residents step up to help Salvation Army with donations
- Lexington residents have been stepping up in a big way to help those in need stay warm this winter.
Big Blue Crush Day 2 Cold, snow stay in the game but Kentucky pulls ahead!
- LEXINGTON – Even though winter was still in the game on Tuesday with another blood drive cancelled due to weather, Kentucky donors came out full force and pulled ahead of Tennessee, 1,119 to 1,063 on the second day of the 27th annual Big Blue Crush.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington