Child dies several days after fall at Lexington park
- An investigation is underway after a two-year-old boy died several days after a fall at a Lexington park.
Thief takes deputy jailer's badge in Frankfort car break-in
- Frankfort Police say someone broke into a deputy jailer's personal vehicle overnight and stole a badge.
More Shigella cases pop up in Lexington
- According to Fayette County Health Department, there are now 39 cases of Shigella infections in Lexington
Man charged in February murder in Lexington
- Lamarius Gates has been charged with complicity to commit murder.
32 Years and 32 Counties Later: Gretchen Brown -- Significant Force for Hospice Growth in Kentucky – Retiring
- (LEXINGTON, Ky.) After 32 years as the leader of Hospice of the Bluegrass, Gretchen Marcum Brown, MSW, will retire in September.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime hot spot
- Police say 30 percent of the arrests made in last week's "Operation Transformation" were inside or on the property of the M&M Grocery.
Shots fired near Douglass Park in Lexington
- Lexington Police are trying to track down the person who fired some shots along a busy street in Lexington.
Man steals medicine in robbery at Lexington Meijer pharmacy
- The robbery happened around 9 p.m. Thursday inside the Meijer in Hamburg.
Kroger's plan to expand Leestown Road store approved
- Some proposed changes to a Lexington Kroger store will be moving forward.
WKYT Investigates: An insider's take on Lexington's crime wave
- Brannon Dunn says he's a product of his environment. He grew up in the east end of Lexington which is now considered the city's hotspot for crime.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime 'Made in Detroit'
- "The profits that are made down south are double, triple what can be made up here. The gangs know that and they go down there to try to exploit that," Lyle Dungy explained.
WKYT Investigates: The revolving door for criminals
- "A very small percentage of the criminals commit the vast majority of crime," said Ray Larson, Fayette County's top prosecutor. Larson said those criminals are the winners of a "catch and release" stance, or soft approach, on crime.
Car rolls over tow truck driver in Lexington
- A tow truck driver is recovering in the hospital after a freak accident at a local car dealership.
Device explodes at Lafayette; activities canceled at all other schools
- We're tracking the investigation into an explosion on a Lexington high school campus. It happened Wednesday morning at Lafayette High School.
Man accused of murdering 87-year-old pleads not guilty
- The man charged in Lexington's most recent murder plead not guilty during a video arraignment on Thursday.
Lexington's mail processing center back on chopping block
- The U.S. Postal Service's processing and distribution center in Lexington is back on the chopping block.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington