Lexington woman wrestles gun away from man who broke into home
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday morning after they say he broke into a woman's home.
Police: Lexington man had sex with girl, 14, on numerous occasions
- A Lexington man faces statutory rape charges after police said they found a sexually explicit text on his phone.
Attorney sends letter to halt relocation of Lexington Probation and Parole office
- Neighbors, business owners, 10th District Councilwoman Amanda Bledsoe and state Rep. Stan Lee (R-Lexington) have raised questions about the proposed move.
Fundraiser held in Lexington to help family receive new home
- A fundraiser was held in Lexington, Thursday night, to help a family, receive a new home.
Part of Winchester Rd. closed after truck crashes into utility pole
- Winchester Road has reopened after a crash on Thursday morning.
Scott Co. home near Fayette Co. line destroyed after overnight fire
- The Scott County Fire Department tells WKYT that no one was injured after a fire at a vacant home on Thursday morning.
Vermont senator Bernie Sanders rallies supporters through the Internet
- A presidential candidate used the internet to rally his supporters across the country, on Wednesday.
Neighbors unhappy with new location of Lexington Probation and Parole office
- The Department of Corrections is set to move the Lexington Probation and Parole office from its downtown location, to a location near the Palomar Center.
Firefighters extinguish blaze at FedEx warehouse on Buck Lane
- Dozens of Lexington firefighters battled a blaze Wednesday at a FedEx warehouse on Buck Lane.
Fayette County grand jury indicts one of three arrested in connection to pizza driver death
- A grand jury has failed to indict two of the three people charged in the death of a Lexington pizza delivery driver.
Two men arrested on unlawful imprisonment charges in Lexington
- Two men are charged with unlawful imprisonment after Lexington police officers say the two kept a woman inside a storage truck against her will.
Lexington man charged with stalking shot car, led officers on chase, police say
- Lexington police arrested a man Tuesday, charging him with stalking and threatening a woman.
Two arrested in 2014 Lexington murder; third suspect sought
- Lexington police have charged two people in connection with a 2014 murder and are searching for a third suspect.
Hawk kills Lexington family's dog, councilwoman warning neighbors
- A Lexington councilwoman has an alert for dog owners. She says a hawk tried to pick up a small dog and fly away with it.
Belcan expanding to downtown Lexington
- A boost to Lexington's economy! Tuesday, the engineering firm Belcan announced a $1.2 million expansion into downtown Lexington.
Lexington church collecting donations for flood relief
- A group of volunteers from the Consolidated Baptist Church in Lexington are asking for donations for victims of flooding in Johnson County.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader