Laptop stolen from patient's room at St. Joseph East
- Lexington Police are investigating a report of items stolen from a patient's room at St. Joseph East.
Kroger switches senior days to weekly, trims discount
- Beginning May 15, Kroger will change up its 10-percent discount program for seniors by cutting the discount in half and increasing the number of days its available.
Owners working to rebuild Lexington art gallery hit by car
- Owners of the South Hill Gallery on Versailles Road say years of their hard work turned into splintered wood about 9 p.m. Sunday when a car slammed into their business.
Another Lexington home hit by stray bullets
- Two people were inside an apartment that was hit, but no one was hurt.
Firefighters urge grill caution
- Grill space was hard to come by at Jacobson Park this afternoon. While they're great for bringing the family together on this holiday, firefighters say you need to be careful.
Nearly 400 cameras on campus help UK police fight crime
- With a network of nearly 400 cameras around UK's campus, police say they're able to track crimes and possibly even provide virtual escorts.
Lexington runners ready for second run in Boston Marathon
- They're not letting terror slow them down. Monday, runners will gather for the annual Boston Marathon.
Firefighters escort comrade's body home to McCreary County
- A mother and volunteer firefighter made her final ride home Friday afternoon, with the help of fellow firefighters.
Fayette Mall unveils three additional retailers to join expansion
- Fayette Mall announced the names of three more stores that will open as part of its expansion into the space that was once a Sears department space.
Chick-fil-A Central KY hosts Girls’ Night Out May 2014
- Chick-fil-A® Central KY Restaurants will host a Girls’ Night Out event for mothers and daughters on select
days throughout the month of May.
Heroin bill's failure leads to disappointment
- A bill that many say would've helped the fight on Heroin in Kentucky failed to pass, and many are expressing their disappointment in lawmakers falling short.
Apartment complex is no longer an 'eyesore' in Lexington
- Two years ago, a WKYT investigation found it was one of the worst eyesores in the Bluegrass but a major makeover has helped turn that around.
Tickets are on sale for Purses, Pouts and Pearls
- The American Cancer Society's 3rd Annual Purses, Pouts and Pearls will be held on Friday, May 9th from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at the Signature Club.
Lexington nurseries prepare for overnight hard freeze
- With below freezing temperatures expected, people across the Bluegrass spent the day protecting those fragile plants. And for people who make a living from plants and flowers, it's a tough task.
Anthany Beatty kicks off campaign for Lexington mayor
- Beatty spoke to supporters at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike Tuesday night.
Cold causes crop concerns
- The freeze threat comes as the growing season is getting underway. Trees and flowers have started to bloom, and this freeze is coming at a bad time for businesses that rely on crops.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington