Apartment complex is no longer an 'eyesore' in Lexington
- Two years ago, a WKYT investigation found it was one of the worst eyesores in the Bluegrass but a major makeover has helped turn that around.
Tickets are on sale for Purses, Pouts and Pearls
- The American Cancer Society's 3rd Annual Purses, Pouts and Pearls will be held on Friday, May 9th from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at the Signature Club.
Lexington nurseries prepare for overnight hard freeze
- With below freezing temperatures expected, people across the Bluegrass spent the day protecting those fragile plants. And for people who make a living from plants and flowers, it's a tough task.
Anthany Beatty kicks off campaign for Lexington mayor
- Beatty spoke to supporters at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike Tuesday night.
Cold causes crop concerns
- The freeze threat comes as the growing season is getting underway. Trees and flowers have started to bloom, and this freeze is coming at a bad time for businesses that rely on crops.
2013 unemployment up or same in half Kentucky counties
- While the annual unemployment rates were lower in 51 Kentucky counties in 2013 than in 2012, the rates went up or stayed the same in more than half of the state's counties.
Reality Check: Comparing $2M for Rupp Arena's naming rights
- As the proposal to provide state-backed bonding to renovate Rupp Arena remains in limbo in the hours of the Kentucky legislative session, plans call for $2-million to come from selling the arena's naming rights.
Lexington men get five years in prison for 2010 shooting death
- Two men charged with murdering a man outside a Lexington strip club have agreed to a plea deal.
Police: Shooting victim in Lexington park dies
- A shooting investigation at Lexington's Duncan Park is now a murder investigation after the death of the 21-year-old man who was shot Sunday.
Little league returns to park with police patrols following shots fired
- It threw them a dangerous curve ball. Last week organizers of a Lexington little league group had to cancel practice for several days after someone fired shots near their park.
Lawmakers reviewing Rupp Arena financing proposal
- Supporters of a plan to help finance Rupp Arena's renovation are mounting one last effort to persuade Kentucky lawmakers to include state-backed bonding for the project. It's the legislative equivalent of a last-second shot at the buzzer.
Car careens down embankment into Lexington restaurant
- Diners and workers at a Lexington restaurant got a scare when a car crashed into the building.
Lexington Cash Express robbed at gunpoint
- Police are looking for a man wanted after a business was robbed at gunpoint.
Post offices won't extend hours on tax day
- Tuesday is tax day. If you're filing by mail, don't wait until the last minute to go to the post office.
Man shot in foot during reported Lexington robbery attempt
- The victim says when he refused to hand over his money to a robber, the man shot him.
Warm, windy weather increasing fires
- Lexington firefighters say they've been working several grass and mulch fires
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington