Suspect in Lexington bucket truck chase due in court on murder charge
- Vanessa Napier is scheduled to appear in court Monday for charges stemming from a chase and a murder investigation.
Motorcyclist killed in crash on Nicholasville Road identified
- Police are investigating a Lexington car crash that killed a man and shut down a major road for hours.
Five juveniles charged after Lexington officer's assault
- Officers say a group of 10 juveniles were harassing a guard at the Hyatt Regency hotel. When police confronted the group they say one of the juveniles assaulted an officer.
Authorities say man was stabbed multiple times by woman who stole bucket truck
- A woman was arrested on Friday after leading police on a chase in a stolen bucket truck. She has since been charged with murder.
Thousands celebrate Independence Day at the Bluegrass 10,000
- Hundreds spent their holiday weekend running through Lexington for the Bluegrass 10,000.
How to stay safe around fireworks this holiday weekend in Fayette Co.
- While the fourth of July is a holiday for many Americans to come together and relax with family and friends, the same can't be said for firefighters.
Man arrested for kidnapping girl near a Lexington school, abusing her
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday after they say he kidnapped a girl from a Lexington school and sexually abused her.
Dirt Bowl basketball tournament to remain at Lexington's Dunbar Center
- A community meeting was held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the future of the Dirt Bowl, a basketball tournament held in Douglass Park.
Woman who led chase in stolen bucket truck faces DUI, other charges
- The woman is charged with second-degree wanton endangerment, driving under the influence, first-degree robbery, fleeing and evading police, criminal mischief and first-degree wanton endangerment.
Lexington security company warns customers about impostor
Updated: 2:39 PM
- A Lexington security company is warning its customers, about an impostor.
Two plead not guilty in University of Kentucky student's murder
- Two men, accused of killing a University of Kentucky student, pleaded not guilty on Thursday.
Lexington police release surveillance footage of June jewelry store heist
- The theft happened June 19 at Jared on Nicholasville Road.
Kentucky Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- The Kentucky Horse Park will soon be transitioning almost 30 miles of white plank fencing to black fencing. The white fencing has been in place since the iconic facility opened in 1978. The park is making this transition due to the economic and operational realities of maintaining white fencing versus black fencing.
Lexington police, fire evacuate several homes after discovering meth lab
- Lexington police evacuated several homes in the Crosby Drive area after a meth lab was discovered by officers serving a warrant.
Lexington man accused of kidnapping, raping disabled teen
- Wednesday, Lexington Division of Police said they arrested Walker Wright Jr. at his home on Kingtree Drive.
Movement at CentrePointe project, but it's not what you think
- After months of sitting idle, one of the cranes towering over the stalled CentrePointe project in downtown Lexington finally moved Wednesday. Rather than construction resuming on the beleaguered project, the crane was used to help with work on a nearby luxury hotel.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader