Lexington man looking out for State Street neighbors
Updated: 5:23 PM
- The area is best known for its wild UK basketball game celebrations. Officers line the streets of State, Elizabeth, and Crescent Avenue during the NCAA Tournament, keeping a close eye on rowdy residents.
Lexington woman being strangled with bra fights off attacker with ceramic chicken
Updated: 5:22 PM
- Police say a 31 year old Lexington woman tried to strangle a stranger with her bra.
Fayette County Health Department working to create needle exchange
- Officials at the Fayette County Health Department say they're working to create a needle-exchange program soon.
New technology at Kentucky Children's Hospital makes kids' recovery easier
- New technology is making recovery for young patients here at Kentucky Children's Hospital a lot better.
Lexington police, fire review State Street celebration plans
- Police and firefighters are resting up after a busy weekend. Many worked overnight Saturday, marking sure students celebrated UK's big win over Notre Dame responsibly.
Big Blue Nation means big business in Lexington
- With the Wildcats in the Final Four Big Blue Nation becomes big business in Lexington.
Lexington restaurants recover after Elite 8, prepare for Final Four
- UK fans stormed the streets Saturday night and local bar owners believe next weekend will be even crazier. We spoke to managers who have plans in place to make sure fans don't get out of control.
U.S. Marine becomes first wheelchair participant in Lexington half-marathon
- For the fourth year, runners 48 states and six countries came to Keeneland for the Run the Bluegrass half-marathon.
Man shot by intruders during kidnapping attempt in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department is looking for two men, they say, shot a man and tried to kidnap a child.
Runner to race in memory of wife killed by drunk driver
- "I run for her everyday," Scott Menzies said. "And I miss her everyday."
Boiler catches fire at University of Kentucky
- Lexington authorities say a boiler plant fire left the north campus at the University of Kentucky without heat.
Police: Dozens of electronics stolen in Lexington burglary
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for two suspects after a burglary at an electronics store on Friday morning.
Former UK cheerleader a two-time breast cancer survivor
- WKYT's Amber Philpott has the story of a former Wildcat who has won off the court now twice in her battle with breast cancer.
Man convicted of kidnapping and rape, faces 46 years in prison
- A man convicted of a brutal attack in Lexington is expected to serve the maximum sentence for the crimes.
Burning food evacuates Lexington apartment complex
- A fire forced several people to be evacuated from their Lexington homes.
Police: Lexington man arrested for stabbing his roommate
- One man is behind bars, another in the hospital, after a stabbing in Lexington.
Lexington father charged with abusing infant son
- A Lexington father is accused of seriously injuring his infant son in a fit of rage.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader