WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Food left on stove sparks house fire

A cooking mistake sparked a house fire in a Lexington neighborhood Wednesday night.

The fire broke out around 8:30 p.m. on Burgess Avenue, off Russell Cave Road.

Firefighters tell WKYT the woman who lives at the home left some food on the stove, but forgot it, and went to a store.

Firefighters say they kept the fire from spreading beyond the kitchen. No one was hurt.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 144762585 - wkyt.com/a?a=144762585