LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Firefighters say they had to rescue a man from a burning home Thursday night.
The fire broke out just before 11 p.m. on East Loudon Avenue, near Maple Avenue.
Firefighters say when they arrived, a man was trapped upstairs. They say they used a ladder to rescue him.
Firefighters say that man did not have any serious injuries.
Firefighters say flames were shooting out of the home when they arrived, but they were soon able to get the fire under control.
Investigators think the fire started around a wooden staircase outside of the home, but at this point, they're not sure what sparked it.