WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Students in UK dorm evacuated because of dryer fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Students had to be evacuated from a dorm at the University of Kentucky Tuesday night because of a dryer fire.

The fire broke out just after 6 p.m. at the Kirwan 1 dorm on Woodland Avenue.

Firefighters say someone put too many clothes in a dryer in the basement of the dorm, and that sparked the fire.

Smoke then filled the basement, so the dorm was evacuated as a precaution. Firefighters say no one was hurt, and they moved the dryer out of the building.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226056691 - wkyt.com/a?a=226056691
Gray Television, Inc.