A man passing by a home spots smoke, then springs into action to save the family inside the burning home.
It started around 3:30 Sunday afternoon, on Larkspur Drive, in Lexington.
After the man alerted the family, he grabbed a hose and tried to fight the flames himself.
Investigators are calling the fire accidental, that possibly started from a gasoline lawn mower that was stored inside a storage room.
The fire was limited to the back of the home. The family of six is doing ok and spent the night in a hotel because their electricity was turned off because of the fire.
No one was reported injured.