WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Space heater blamed for Lexington house fire

A space heater is being blamed for a fire which damaged a home this afternoon.

The fire broke out just after 2 p.m. on Meadowthorpe Avenue in Lexington.

No one was home at the time.

Investigators say the space heater was left around something flammable, which likely sparked the fire.

Firefighter says, during the winter, it's important to be careful around alternative heat sources.

The home was not destroyed but is not livable.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 79092852 - wkyt.com/a?a=79092852
Gray Television, Inc.