WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Lexington duplex destroyed in fire

Firefighters tried to save a family's home Sunday morning, but the flames were just too much.

The duplex on Centre Parkway in Lexington caught fire around 10 o'clock this morning.

Fire investigators have now determined children playing with matches sparked a fire that has now left one family without a home this holiday season.

Fire officials say heavy fire conditions on the right hand side of duplex, entered into the attic and got into the second apartment as well.

We're told one of the two units will be spared, the other is a complete loss.

No injuries have been reported.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 79177467 - wkyt.com/a?a=79177467
Gray Television, Inc.