WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Fire breaks out inside nursing home

A fire at a Lexington nursing home Thursday morning sent one person to the hospital.

It broke out at the Lexington Country Place on Mason-Headley Road, off Harrodsburg Road, around 7 a.m.

Firefighters tell 27 NEWSFIRST a heating unit inside a wall sparked the fire.

A female resident who was inside that room went to the hospital, suffering smoke inhalation.

Several employees were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, as well.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

However, residents are being kept out of the wing of the building where the fire broke out as it is ventilated.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 80409677 - wkyt.com/a?a=80409677
Gray Television, Inc.