It took nearly 40 firefighters two hours to put out a fire at a large Lexington home. In the end, the home on Idlewood Drive, in the Firebrook Subdivision, was a total loss.
Investigators believe some recent soldering work by a plumbing company sparked a fire in the wall. That fire then quickly spread throughout the house and into the attic. When firefighters arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.
Colby Marrow came home to find the house filled with smoke, but did not see any flames. Two minutes later, she says she saw flames.
Rob Marrow says this is the second time in 15 years they have had a home burn down. In California, in 1995, a heater blew up in the house and destroyed it.