The visitation for a Lexington police officer, killed in the line of duty, is being held Monday.
Officer Bryan Durman's visitation began at 3 p.m, and ended at 8 p.m.
Durman died last Thursday after an SUV hit him at North Limestone and Alabama Avenue.
Many attending the visitation were in uniforms, but not just from Lexington. From Paducah to Whitesburg and many cities inbetween--- officers showed to paytheir respects.
"Just seeing all of our brothers from across the country getting together, that solidarity of just coming together helps the grieving officers and families get closure," explained Officer David Schroerlucke, with the frankfort Police Department.
Officer Durman's funeral will be held Tuesday at noon, also at Southland Christian Church, in Building E.
Graveside services will follow at Bluegrass Memorial Gardens.
After the funeral, a procession will take Officer Durman's body to the cemetery. More than 100 traffic intersections will be blocked off along the route during this time.
The route is as follows:
1. Beginning at Southland Christian Church turn North onto Harrodsburg Road (U.S. 68)
2. Continue on Harrodsburg Road heading north, and then make a Right onto Man O’War Boulevard.
3. Follow Man O’ War Boulevard to Richmond Road, Turn left onto Richmond Road.
4. Continue on Richmond Road, Richmond Road becomes Main St.
5. Follow Main Street to Broadway, turn Left onto Broadway.
6. Continue on Broadway, Broadway becomes Harrodsburg Road.
7. Continue on Harrodsburg Road back into Jessamine County arriving at cemetery on right.
A fund has been set up in Durman's memory. For more information, click on the "Fallen Hero" link here on wkyt.com.