She was in the right place at the right time.
A Lexington family care worker is being called a hero.
A baby's mother says she saved the infant's life.
Amy Orick is a first time mom who lived through a mother's worst nightmare Friday.
Her baby, DJ, started choking.
Luckily for Orick, her family care worker, Joan Dickes, was at her side and knew just what to do.
Dickes was at Orick's home for a visit.
She is CPR certified, and has been meeting with Orick since DJ was born.
Dickes gave medical help to the baby as 911 was called.
Dickes works for the Division of Family Services Family Care Center. She says this is the first time she's ever had a scare with a child.
Orick is just glad Dickes was at the right place at the right time.
DJ was taken to the hospital to be treated, but was released. He's doing just find now.
His mother plans to take CPR classes because of this scare.