WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Firefighter EMT's rescue woman from burning home

People living in a Lexington apartment building had to spend the night out of their homes, after a fire broke out.

Firefighters had to rescue a woman from a roof of the burning building on Georgetown Street, at Glenn Arvin, early Sunday evening.

A witness caught cell phone video of the firefighters rescuing Shirley Zheng.

She was on the phone when she smelled something burning.

At the same time, a pair of firefighter EMT's happened to be driving by and saw smoke billowing from the building.

They quickly made sure everyone was out.

Firefighters say food left on a stove sparked the fire.

The five people who have been displaced were put up in a hotel for the night.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 98745849 - wkyt.com/a?a=98745849
Gray Television, Inc.