WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Cigarette sparks mobile home fire

Investigators think a cigarette sparked a fire at a mobile home. The fire started around 10:30 Friday morning on Fister Way in Lexington.

A woman told investigators that her lit cigarette fell into the couch. She says she tried to get the cigarette out but that the couch caught fire.

The flames spread quickly. When fire crews arrived on the scene there were flames and smoke coming from the mobile home.
Firefighters were able to put it out. One room had heavy fire damage.

We're told the woman who lives in the home will not be able to stay there.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136144388 - wkyt.com/a?a=136144388
Gray Television, Inc.