LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - The city of Lexington is seeking donations of three community Christmas trees for downtown.
The city needs three perfectly shaped evergreen trees, 40 to 50-feet high, 20 to 25-feet wide.
The trees can be Norway Spruce, Blue Spruce or Douglas Fir. The city is not accepting White Pine.
City workers will remove trees at no cost to owners.
If you have a tree to donate, you're asked to call LexCall at 859-425-2255 or 311 before October 30th.
The trees will be placed in Triangle Park at Main and Broadway, Isaac Murphy Park at Third Street and Midland Avenue and in front of the KU Building on Quality Street. They will be decorated by the city and lit beginning on Friday, November 23.
Here is the full list of requirements for the donated trees.:
The trees must meet the following guidelines:
• Have a pyramidal shape, with fullness especially at the bottom;
• The body of the tree should have few or no holes;
• The tree should not be growing into a house or other trees;
• Access must be provided with clearance of at least 10 feet in width, with no power lines growing in the tree;
• There should be no other obstacles - such as buildings- preventing access;
• Must be able to back a low-boy trailer up to the tree and place KU trucks on either side.