LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Dozens of people had to leave their movies a little earlier than planned Friday afternoon.
A fire broke out inside the Movie Tavern off Richmond Road in Lexington, forcing everyone out of the building.
Firefighters were called to the scene around noon. When they arrived, they found a fire in the office on the first floor.
The sprinkler system already had most of the fire contained by the time crews got there, but everyone in the building was evacuated as a precaution.
Officials aren't sure how many were in the building at the time of the fire, but they did tell us that no one was injured. Firefighters also tell us the water damage caused by the sprinkler system was minimal.
'The sprinkler system did create some water damage but considering how much fire there was in that office, and the potential for it to be a lot worse, the water damage that they had is going to be very minimal," Major C.J. Haunz, with Lexington Fire Department told WKYT.
The Health Department is still assessing exactly what the business needs to do to clean up before reopening.