We have learned new information about a fire that heavily damaged a townhouse Wednesday night.
Lexington Firefighters say the fire at the duplex on Conn Terrace, off South Limestone, near UK Hospital, appears to have been an accident.
Firefighters say it looks like an electrical device sparked the fire in a front, first-floor bedroom.
However, they say they may never know exactly what type of device caused it because there is so much damage.
Firefighters originally believed two pets, a dog and a cat, died in the fire.
However, late Wednesday, they found the cat hiding and that cat is okay.
The dog didn't make it.
No one was home at the time of the fire.