WKYT - Lexington - Headlines

Komen Lexington and the Lexington Humane Society join forces with Fayette Heating and Air to change lives

Lexington- July 1, 2012 - Fayette Heating & Air is launching a campaign to help the Lexington Humane Society and Susan G. Komen Lexington. This Monday, 7/2 at 10am at 817 Nandino Blvd., Fayette Heating & Air will unveil two brand-new vehicles with custom wraps which will be servicing the community and supporting two very important non-profits at the same time. These vehicles will provide heating and air services and a portion of services rendered for each vehicle will benefit the corresponding non-profit. The vehicle wrap to benefit the Lexington Humane Society is bright yellow and includes photos of various animals and will service the Lexington area. Whereas, the wrap to benefit Komen Lexington can’t be missed and is bubble gum pink with their logo and will travel throughout Lexington and surrounding counties. Fayette Heating & Air anticipates each vehicle will donate close to $100,000 to each charity over a five-year timeframe. Bret Melrose, owner of Fayette Heating & Air stated, “We want to give back to the community that has taken care of us.”

“Komen Lexington is proud to be partnered with such an outstanding company with values and integrity that just wants to make our community even better,” states Executive Director, Jennifer Bricking. Komen Lexington spends 75% of net funds on community grants to help provide screenings, treatment, education and patient navigation assistance. The remaining 25% is invested in to ground breaking research to help find the cures.

The Lexington Humane Society has a facility off of Old Frankfort Pike that is fully funded by community supporters. There is no funding that is provided from a national organization of any kind. It is through volunteers and generous donors that the doors are able to stay open, take care of all the animals and provide quality programs. The proceeds from the truck will allow the Lexington Humane Society to continue and grow.

Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161058765 - wkyt.com/a?a=161058765
Gray Television, Inc.