Lexington Police arrested the man they say committed several thefts around the city. Police say Jeffery John Ruby took money from several businesses by tricking cashiers into giving him too much change.
Police charged Ruby with 10 counts of theft by deception.They say he used several techniques, between March and late May, to convince cashiers to give him an incorrect amount of change; following a transaction. In some cases, police say Ruby even reached into the cash register to make change for himself. In each situation police say Rub was given, or took, more than he was owed.
The following is a list of locations police say Ruby stolen from:
• 3/9/12- Parkette Drive-In, 1230 E. New Circle Rd
• 3/14/12- Liquor Barn, 3040 Richmond Rd.
• 3/25/12- Liquor Barn Express, 1601 N. Broadway
• 4/10/12-Liquor Barn Express, 866 E. High St.
• 5/6/12- Movie Tavern, 133 N. Locust Hill
• 5/7/12- Chipotle, 345 S. Limestone
• 5/10/12- Bed Bath and Beyond, 2321 Sir Barton Way
• 5/10/12- Barnes and Noble, 1932 Pavilion Way
• 5/23/12- Movie Tavern, 133 N. Locust Hill
• 5/28/12- Menchies, 3801 Mall Rd.
Police say they received several tips after 27 NEWSFIRST showed surveillance video of the man police were looking for back in May.