The Lexington Division of Police is working to identify and arrest a suspect believed to be involved in numerous thefts around Lexington.
Between March and the present date, the suspect has used a series of techniques to convince business cashiers into giving him an incorrect amount of change—following a transaction. In some cases, the suspect has even reached into the cash register to make change for himself. In each case the suspect is given, or takes, more than he is owed.
The suspect is described as: a light-skinned Black male, in his 40’s or 50’s—with a receding hairline. He is also said to have a bald spot in the back of his head. The suspect also sometimes wears glasses.
On more than one occasion the suspect has been seen leaving businesses in a silver, older model Ford Taurus.
The following is a list of locations the suspect has stolen from:
• 3/9/12- Parkette Drive-In, 1230 E. New Circle Rd
• 3/14/12- Liquor Barn, 3040 Richmond Rd.
• 3/25/12- Liquor Barn Express, 1601 N. Broadway
• 4/10/12-Liquor Barn Express, 866 E. High St.
• 5/6/12- Movie Tavern, 133 N. Locust Hill
• 5/7/12- Chipotle, 345 S. Limestone
• 5/10/12- Bed Bath and Beyond, 2321 Sir Barton Way
• 5/10/12- Barnes and Noble, 1932 Pavilion Way
• 5/23/12- Movie Tavern, 133 N. Locust Hill
• 5/28/12- Menchies, 3801 Mall Rd.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of this suspect is asked to contact police. Tips can be phoned into: the Division of Police at (859)258-3600, the Commercial Burglary Unit at (859)258-3700 or Bluegrass Crime Stoppers at (859)253-2020. You can also submit tips by cell phone. Simply text: “tips2020” plus your message to CRIMES (274637). Finally, information can be submitted by logging onto www.bluegrasscrimestoppers.com.