Man shot by intruders during kidnapping attempt in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department is looking for two men, they say, shot a man and tried to kidnap a child.
Runner to race in memory of wife killed by drunk driver
- "I run for her everyday," Scott Menzies said. "And I miss her everyday."
Boiler catches fire at University of Kentucky
- Lexington authorities say a boiler plant fire left the north campus at the University of Kentucky without heat.
Police: Dozens of electronics stolen in Lexington burglary
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for two suspects after a burglary at an electronics store on Friday morning.
Former UK cheerleader a two-time breast cancer survivor
- WKYT's Amber Philpott has the story of a former Wildcat who has won off the court now twice in her battle with breast cancer.
Man convicted of kidnapping and rape, faces 46 years in prison
- A man convicted of a brutal attack in Lexington is expected to serve the maximum sentence for the crimes.
Burning food evacuates Lexington apartment complex
- A fire forced several people to be evacuated from their Lexington homes.
Police: Lexington man arrested for stabbing his roommate
- One man is behind bars, another in the hospital, after a stabbing in Lexington.
Lexington father charged with abusing infant son
- A Lexington father is accused of seriously injuring his infant son in a fit of rage.
Businesses, firefighters prepare for March 'madness' in Lexington
- Many in Lexington now are preparing for the real madness that comes with the Cats' success in the NCAA tournament.
Transylvania prevents Herald-Leader from covering student meeting on race relations
- A Transylvania University official prevented a newspaper reporter from attending a student-organized meeting to discuss race relations on campus.
Police: Burglars stole from Lexington church to buy cigarettes
- Lexington police have arrested two men accused of burglarizing Christ the King Cathedral in Lexington.
Lexington police arrest man on multiple charges of burglary
- Lexington police arrested a man who is now charged with burglarizing multiple apartments.
Injured Garrard County dog reunited with original owner
- We have a heartfelt update on a heartbreaking story.
Lexington man accused of abusing infant
- He’s accused of abusing an infant and on Tuesday, 26-year-old Matthew Byers appeared in Fayette County District Court to face those charges.
Student food pantry opens in Lexington high school
- A new food program at Bryan Station High School in Lexington is providing free food to students in need. So during weekends and evenings, students can focus on their homework, not their hunger.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader