Texas police arrest Lexington inmate who escaped in April
- Authorities in Texas have caught an inmate who walked away from the Blackburn Correctional Complex in April.
Crews battle Lexington apartment complex fire
- Lexington firefighters were called to a large structure fire Tuesday morning.
Lexington police: Man tries to hit woman with car while her kids were inside
- A Lexington man was arrested Monday after police said he tried to run over a woman with her children in the car.
UK student assaulted, shots fired after group denied entry to party
- Lexington Police were investigating a shots fired report Tuesday near the University of Kentucky Campus that triggered a text and e-mail alert.
Lexington police say alcohol, speed factors in deadly crash
- A man is dead after a serious crash that shut down a Lexington intersection for hours.
More than 1,300 UK students volunteer at FUSION day
- Just a few days before classes begin, UK students are coming together to help the Lexington community at FUSION.
Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones considering run for Congress
- Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones says the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee asked him to consider running against Republican Representative Andy Barr. Jones says he'll decide before basketball season begins.
Embattled UK surgeon retains faculty status, banned from practicing
- A committee decided on Monday to modify an earlier recommendation, reinstating Dr. Paul Kearney's status as faculty. However, it revoked his clinical privileges and banned him from practicing at the university.
Woman charged with resisting arrest, told officers "I am not going to jail"
- A Lexington woman was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest among other charges Sunday after police said she was trying to sleep at a business.
New Leestown Road stoplight goes active Monday
- A traffic alert in Lexington; a new stoplight on Leestown Road, at Citation Blvd., will go active Monday morning.
Man robs Lexington Family Dollar
- Lexington Police are searching for a man who got into a physical confrontation with an employee when he robbed a Family Dollar on Sunday morning.
Lexington charity organization hold rummage sale to repair historic house
- Tucked into the corner of Market and Second streets in downtown Lexington is the historic Bodley-Bullock house built in 1814.
UK committee to decide Monday on fate of embattled doctor
- The University Health Care Committee will meet Monday morning to review a decision to revoke a doctor's medical privileges at UK.
Fallen Lexington officer to be honored on 30 year anniversary of death
- Lexington police officer Roy Mardis was shot and killed on August 23, 1985 while helping state police track an escapee in Mercer County.
Police make arrest after DUI accident near UK campus
- Lexington Police say a man was driving under the influence when he hit someone Sunday morning near the UK campus.
Part of Blue Grass Airport shuts down due to "suspicious object"
- The Lexington Police Department told WKYT a "suspicious object" was found near the baggage claim at Blue Grass Airport on Saturday.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader