Photos of former UK basketball player's daughter used in social media hoax
- A former UK basketball player and his fiancée say pictures of their five-year-old daughter are being used as part of a cruel Internet hoax.
Police officer admits to shooting, killing neighbor's dog in Scott Co.
- A Lexington police officer admits to his neighbors, he shot and killed their family dog.
Lexington pastor apologizes for blackface skit at church
- A pastor in Lexington is apologizing for a skit that featured a white church member performing in blackface.
Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting SEC Tournament Pep Rally
- The Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club is hosting a pep rally before UK’s first game on Friday, March 14, 2014, at 2 p.m. ET at the Hawk Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
Lexington home shot at while homeowner asleep
- Lexington Police are investigating after a man reported finding bullet holes in his home on Cheryl Lane just before 2:30am Monday.
Civil War site cleanup day scheduled next month
- Organizers are looking for volunteers to help clean up and restore 10 Civil War sites in Kentucky.
Two break-ins at a Lexington church in one week
- The congregation of a Lexington church needs your help finding the burglars who broke into their building twice in the last week.
Vehicle thefts leave one injured in Lexington
- Police were investigating at least two vehicle thefts in Lexington on Sunday. They say one of the owners tried to stop the thieves, but was clipped by the car, slightly injuring him.
Ballin' for Braxton: Teen honored at basketball game
- A Henry Clay High School student is in desperate need of a kidney, and while he's in the hospital his teammates turned their playoff game into a night to honor him.
CentrePointe blasting concerns businesses
- On Saturday morning, crews at the CentrePointe Project in downtown Lexington will hold a test blast.
Passenger charged after crash injures multiple people
- Lexington Police say the passenger grabbed the steering wheel during the argument, causing the crash.
Family says contractor scammed them out of $11,000
- A Lexington family says a man claimed to be a private contractor, but ended up scamming them out of more than $10,000.
Intense search for escaped patient on I-64
- Multiple police officers came out to help search for the man.
A Lexington man brings sled hockey to Lexington
- One of the most popular sports of the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia is sled hockey. WKYT's Amber Philpott got the chance to try the unfamiliar sport and introduces us to a Lexington man on a mission to bring sled hockey to the the bluegrass.
Public offers feedback on Fayette Co. $20M school shortfall
- They’ve asked for help as they try to fix a $20 million budget shortfall and on Thursday, Fayette County school leaders received plenty of ideas from the public.
Kentucky Blood Center urging donations to offset winter weather cancellations
- Just as Kentuckians are struggling with the aftermath of winter weather this week, Kentucky Blood Center (KBC) is struggling to build up a blood supply thumped by Old Man Winter.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington