UK student accused of starting fire in downtown bar
- A University of Kentucky student was arrested Saturday after firefighters said they caught him trying to start a fire in the basement of a bar while drunk.
Magoffin County mom accused of having kids shoplift from Fayette Mall
- A Salyersville mother was arrested Sunday at Lexington's Fayette Mall after Lexington police said they caught her and her children stealing merchandise from J.C. Penney.
Firefighters say small fire started in the bathroom of Lexington home
- Firefighters in Lexington, say a small fire, damaged a family's home Sunday evening.
Woman injured after being hit by a car in Lexington
- A woman is recovering after police say she was hit by a car on Friday night in Lexington.
Two arrested after police find duo damaging a vacant house in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department arrested two people on Saturday morning after they say the duo damaged a vacant house.
Father arrested, 3-year-old son almost hit by a car and found near a pond
- A father was arrested on Friday after police say his 3-year-old son was found alone near a pond.
'Reconciliation Conference' held to strengthen relationships between community, police
- About 100 people turned out on Friday night for the Reconciliation Conference at Pastor Robinson's church, aptly named Total Grace.
State not moving Lexington probation, parole office to Palomar Center
- Secretary J. Michael Brown said they reviewed the location that was selected and "have determined that another site would yield a better outcome for both clients of this office and the community."
Broken pipe causes flooding, collapse on Call Drive in Lexington
- A broken water pipe has caused flooding on Call Drive. Kentucky American Water thinks the hydrant was hit.
Lexington woman wrestles gun away from man who broke into home
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday morning after they say he broke into a woman's home.
Police: Lexington man had sex with girl, 14, on numerous occasions
- A Lexington man faces statutory rape charges after police said they found a sexually explicit text on his phone.
Attorney sends letter to halt relocation of Lexington Probation and Parole office
- Neighbors, business owners, 10th District Councilwoman Amanda Bledsoe and state Rep. Stan Lee (R-Lexington) have raised questions about the proposed move.
Fundraiser held in Lexington to help family receive new home
- A fundraiser was held in Lexington, Thursday night, to help a family, receive a new home.
Part of Winchester Rd. closed after truck crashes into utility pole
- Winchester Road has reopened after a crash on Thursday morning.
Scott Co. home near Fayette Co. line destroyed after overnight fire
- The Scott County Fire Department tells WKYT that no one was injured after a fire at a vacant home on Thursday morning.
Vermont senator Bernie Sanders rallies supporters through the Internet
- A presidential candidate used the internet to rally his supporters across the country, on Wednesday.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington
Kentucky.com / Herald-Leader