K-Lair returns after being closed for a year
- K-Lair is back after being shut down for more than a year. UK says it doesn't look like the same place, but there are some familiar touches and tastes.
Wednesday marks eighth anniversary of Comair flight 5191 crash
- Wednesday marks one of the saddest anniversaries in Kentucky history. On August 27, 2006, Comair flight 5191 crashed at the Blue Grass Airport killing 49 people after taking off from the wrong runway.
Lexington health officials recommend getting flu shot earlier this year
- Peak flu season isn't until late December, but health officials say it's not too early to start protecting yourself.
Cash, cigarettes stolen in Lexington gas station break-in
- Lexington Police are investigating a break-in at a gas station.
Powerball ticket worth $1 million sold in Lexington
- Kentucky Lottery officials say a very lucky person bought a winning $1 million lottery ticket at the Blue Sky Marathon on Clays Mill Road Saturday night.
Lexington apartment denies shelter to concert-goers, offers charitable donations
- Daniel Isenstein said what he saw Friday night doesn't represent the Lexington he knows. Instead, he said his family and several others were turned away from an apartment building while trying to seek shelter from a storm.
Weekend weather pushes Lexington toward record August
- While the month as a whole has been quite wet, this weekend in Central Kentucky was one to remember.
UK program provides free bicycles to reduce traffic
- The University of Kentucky is launching a pilot program to help reduce traffic on campus by giving free bicycles to students for the year.
Lightning strikes home, power out in Lexington storm
- Storms rolled through the bluegrass on Friday night and at one point, the heavy rain closed multiple roads and lightning had stop lights across Lexington out of order.
Truck crash sparks gas leak at Lexington shopping center
- A truck ran into a meter at the Beaumont Shopping Center, causing three separate gas leaks.
Lexington death prompts recall of 2.2M bean bag chairs
- About 2.2 million bean bag chairs are being recalled after a Lexington child crawled inside and suffocated to death.
Power outage as hundreds move onto UK Campus
- As hundreds of Freshman spent time moving onto the UK Campus, they had to deal with a power outage.
Police searching for man who fired shots in Lexington store robbery
- Lexington Police say a man fired shots during a grocery store robbery Thursday night.
Lexington lawyer disbarred after fraud plea
- A Lexington attorney facing federal prison time for fraud has been permanently disbarred by the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Kentucky ALS Assoc. president reacts to accident in Campbellsville
- The Kentucky chapter president of the ALS Association says he's devastated by what happened in Campbellsville, but he hopes it won't slow down the organization's important mission.
Lexington's original Harry's to close for menu makeover
- The original Harry's American Bar location will close its doors Saturday as the restaurant gets a makeover on its interior and menu.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington