UK team joins volunteers at Salvation Army
40 mins ago
- Hundreds of people took part in a free Thanksgiving meal at the Lexington Salvation Army. This year they were visited by the UK Men's Basketball team and a very generous Coach Cal.
City Barbeque Announces Charity Weekend With Ronald McDonald House Charities Of The Bluegrass In Celebration Of Grand Opening
- LEXINGTON K.Y., November 26, 2014 – City Barbeque, has announced that ten percent of proceeds from its grand opening weekend on Saturday, December 13 through Sunday, December 14 will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass. The funds will benefit Ronald McDonald’s programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and strengthen families by keeping them together in times of medical need.
Lexington business owner due in court for investment scam
- A man accused of scamming investors out of millions of dollars will face a judge on Wednesday.
Lexington delivery driver robbed at knifepoint
- Police are looking for three men who robbed a delivery driver at knifepoint Wednesday morning.
Man behind bars after violent incident in a busy Lexington intersection
- We're learning more about a man who police say was involved in an incident that turned violent. It happened Tuesday afternoon on Harrodsburg Road near Lane Allen.
Busy day for holiday travel across Kentucky
- It's the busiest travel day of the year.
Arson damages vacant Lexington house
- Investigators say someone intentionally set a fire in a vacant house early Wednesday.
Cars damaged in Lexington drive-by
- WKYT is tracking a crime alert after several cars were damaged in a drive-by shooting.
UK students protest Ferguson decision
- University of Kentucky students voiced their displeasure with the decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson.
Car flips down hill, onto road near Fayette Mall
- A woman told police she fell asleep while driving in the mall parking lot.
Lexington man steps up for cold kids with coat drive
- A Lexington man has made it his mission to make sure every child who needs a coat has one this winter.
Lexington street blocked after garbage truck catches fire
- One outbound and one inbound lane of Main Street were blocked Tuesday morning near Hanover Avenue.
Lexington fire hydrant damaged, flows into street
- Crews are working to clean up a huge mess in a Lexington neighborhood after a fire hydrant was damaged.
Hundreds protest in Lexington about Ferguson grand jury decision
- Protesters marched in cities around the country on Tuesday night, including in downtown Lexington.
NAACP calls for change in Fayette superintendent selection committee
- A civil rights organization is calling for change in how the Fayette County Board of Education picks its next superintendent. The Fayette County chapter of the NAACP wants Roy Woods, the chairman of the Equity Council, added to the committee.
Early-morning crash knocks out power in North Lexington
- Police say a car crashed into a utility pole along Loudon Avenue Monday morning, knocking out power for hours.
AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION BLUEGRASS HONORS LOCAL VOLUNTEERS AT INAUGURAL KISS A PIG EVENT
- [LEXINGTON, KY – November 20,2014] - The American Diabetes Association Bluegrass is pleased to announce its 2014 local award winners during American Diabetes Month. The recipients were honored at the Association’s first Kiss a Pig event on November 1 at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown. The event was a great success and served as the perfect opportunity to honor some very special individuals and businesses dedicated to making a difference in diabetes here in the Bluegrass.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Lexington