INEZ, Ky. (WYMT) - An overnight fire in Martin County has destroyed a business many people call a staple in the community.
Grandad's restaurant caught fire about 1:30 this morning, and the owners say it is a total loss.
But people in the community say they will do whatever it takes to help them rebuild.
It is a restaurant many people say cannot compare to any other.
"Only place in the county that you can get a decent cooked hot meal," said Bruce "Bojangles" Harris.
But Grandad's owner Scott Davis said early Monday morning that all changed.
"It was devastation you know. It's 13 years of life that's kind of gone down the drain," he said.
The restaurant caught fire around 1:30 a.m.
Davis said when they got the call they were hoping for the best.
"Maybe it was a little fire that they could get put out, but when we got here it was already gone," he said.
It is a family-owned business, but he says in the blink of an eye it was gone, and this was the last thing he and his wife expected.
"This was her whole life right here. This was everything to her. She lived for this place," said Davis.
Many people in Martin County say they have eaten there regularly for years and say when they drove by and saw what happened it devastated them
"It hurts, really. Anything i can do to help them, let me know," said Harris.
And where a sign stands with a message of support for others people in Martin County now offer support in return.
"We love all of you, like to see you back, get this place back. We miss you," said Harris.
The Davis family says they do plan to rebuild the restaurant, but they are not sure how long it will take.