1 killed, 1 injured in Rowan County fire
- A Rowan County man was killed and his brother was injured in a camper fire early Friday morning.
Yaks take up residence in Menifee County
- Kentucky has more beef cattle than any state east of the Mississippi River. But there's a new bovine in the Bluegrass thanks to a Menifee County man raising yaks, those shaggy pack animals from Asia.
Morehead family marks anniversary of daughter's abduction to West Africa
- Morehead mother, Noelle Hunter, spent nearly three years trying to get her daughter back after the young girl's father abducted her to West Africa.
Pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, arrested in Rowan County
- A pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, is now behind bars, after one of his dogs was found dead and the other was considered to be near-death.
Police: Millions of dollars of counterfeit items found in Morehead store
- Police say they had been investigating the store for at least ten months.
17 honored for hiking Kentucky's longest trail
- Seventeen people who hiked hundreds of miles of Kentucky's longest trail this year have been honored by the Sheltowee Trace Association.
Man accused of exposing himself in Walmart parking lot
- A man faces charges after police say he exposed himself to a child in a shopping center parking lot.
Rowan Co. Sheriff's Office pursue charges in dog abuse case
- Two dogs in Rowan County were reported to be abused and neglected, their owner could now face charges.
Bah! Humbug! Rain prompts Ky. cities to delay Christmas parades
- When the weather outside is frightful, it's turning out to be not so delightful for Christmas parades as the forecast for rain prompted numerous cities in the Bluegrass to reschedule events to celebrate the season.
Kentucky court won't hear arguments in death case
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to hear oral arguments in the appeal of an inmate condemned to death for a 1997 slaying in Floyd County.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
Friends raising money for Lexington man who fell from third story window
- A man who fell from a third story window is out of the hospital but doesn't have any place to live. His friends are trying to raise money to help him.
Man injured at Morehead State University after 30-foot fall from window
- Kody Richmond, 20, is in UK Hospital after Morehead State University officials say he fell out of a third floor window of a music hall early Saturday morning.
Several Kentucky universities ranked in annual Best Colleges for Vets list
- The Military Times announced Monday Morehead State University came in at number 20 on this year's list. Western Kentucky had the highest ranking of the states colleges at number seven, with UK also making the top 20.
Police: Woman possibly posing as health care worker in Morehead
- Morehead Police are investigating after a woman called them to report that someone came to her door and asked to see bottles of medication.
Three pounds of crystal meth seized, three arrested in Rowan Co.
- It was a big arrest for the Rowan County Sheriff's Department.
More Top Stories
Photos from Morehead
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.