Explosion, fire rock Rowan County lumber yard
- Several fire departments worked to put out a large fire in Morehead.
Several local RadioShack locations to close following bankruptcy filing
- Radio Shack officials have released the list of locations that will close for good.
College student falls nearly 100 feet down cliff while hiking
- A Morehead State University student falls nearly 100 feet down a cliff while hiking with friends on Sunday afternoon.
Morehead State University student helps two Wolfe Co. crash victims
- Jarrod Combs' quick thinking on Sunday made a big difference in the lives of two women hurt in a wreck.
Morehead State student helps rescue two crash victims
- Jarrod Combs does not want recognition or to be called a hero. But his quick thinking Sunday made a big difference in the lives of two women hurt in a wreck.
Morehead crash victim identified as nursing home volunteer
- The crash happened Friday night on U.S. 60, near the campus of Morehead State University.
1 killed, 1 injured in Rowan County fire
- A Rowan County man was killed and his brother was injured in a camper fire early Friday morning.
Yaks take up residence in Menifee County
- Kentucky has more beef cattle than any state east of the Mississippi River. But there's a new bovine in the Bluegrass thanks to a Menifee County man raising yaks, those shaggy pack animals from Asia.
Morehead family marks anniversary of daughter's abduction to West Africa
- Morehead mother, Noelle Hunter, spent nearly three years trying to get her daughter back after the young girl's father abducted her to West Africa.
Pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, arrested in Rowan County
- A pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, is now behind bars, after one of his dogs was found dead and the other was considered to be near-death.
Police: Millions of dollars of counterfeit items found in Morehead store
- Police say they had been investigating the store for at least ten months.
17 honored for hiking Kentucky's longest trail
- Seventeen people who hiked hundreds of miles of Kentucky's longest trail this year have been honored by the Sheltowee Trace Association.
Man accused of exposing himself in Walmart parking lot
- A man faces charges after police say he exposed himself to a child in a shopping center parking lot.
Rowan Co. Sheriff's Office pursue charges in dog abuse case
- Two dogs in Rowan County were reported to be abused and neglected, their owner could now face charges.
Bah! Humbug! Rain prompts Ky. cities to delay Christmas parades
- When the weather outside is frightful, it's turning out to be not so delightful for Christmas parades as the forecast for rain prompted numerous cities in the Bluegrass to reschedule events to celebrate the season.
Kentucky court won't hear arguments in death case
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to hear oral arguments in the appeal of an inmate condemned to death for a 1997 slaying in Floyd County.
More Top Stories
Photos from Morehead
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.