Kentucky court won't hear arguments in death case
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to hear oral arguments in the appeal of an inmate condemned to death for a 1997 slaying in Floyd County.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
Friends raising money for Lexington man who fell from third story window
- A man who fell from a third story window is out of the hospital but doesn't have any place to live. His friends are trying to raise money to help him.
Man injured at Morehead State University after 30-foot fall from window
- Kody Richmond, 20, is in UK Hospital after Morehead State University officials say he fell out of a third floor window of a music hall early Saturday morning.
Several Kentucky universities ranked in annual Best Colleges for Vets list
- The Military Times announced Monday Morehead State University came in at number 20 on this year's list. Western Kentucky had the highest ranking of the states colleges at number seven, with UK also making the top 20.
Police: Woman possibly posing as health care worker in Morehead
- Morehead Police are investigating after a woman called them to report that someone came to her door and asked to see bottles of medication.
Three pounds of crystal meth seized, three arrested in Rowan Co.
- It was a big arrest for the Rowan County Sheriff's Department.
More tips needed in Rowan County man's murder
- It's a plea for help from police as they investigate an elderly man's murder.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Renowned Ky. pianist Jay Flippin dies
- Flippin, 68, passed away Thursday morning following a long battle with cancer.
Cause of death released in elderly Rowan Co. man's murder
- An 82-year-old man in Rowan County was found dead in his driveway on Thursday, police said. Now they say they are investigating it as a murder.
Rowan County coaches can't pray with players
- A pre-game ritual is getting some attention at an eastern Kentucky high school. The Rowan County principal says the football coach is no longer allowed to lead the team in prayer, and it's left some parents upset.
Burglar steals from Rowan County preschool
- They say they feel violated and angry. Leaders of a Rowan County preschool need your help finding the man who broke into their building!
Remains found in Rowan County identified as missing Michigan man
- The Rowan County coroner says Thomas Ray James had been reported missing ten years ago.
Ky. native killed in 9-11 remembered on anniversary
- Thursday marks the 13th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks on this country. Morehead native Edward Earhart was among those killed at the Pentagon. He was a navy petty officer first class.
Rowan County woman dies in crash in Montana
- Officials in northeastern Montana have identified a 27-year-old Morehead, Kentucky, woman who died in a weekend rollover crash near Fort Peck.
More Top Stories
Photos from Morehead
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.