Man accused of exposing himself in Walmart parking lot
- A man faces charges after police say he exposed himself to a child in a shopping center parking lot.
Rowan Co. Sheriff's Office pursue charges in dog abuse case
- Two dogs in Rowan County were reported to be abused and neglected, their owner could now face charges.
Bah! Humbug! Rain prompts Ky. cities to delay Christmas parades
- When the weather outside is frightful, it's turning out to be not so delightful for Christmas parades as the forecast for rain prompted numerous cities in the Bluegrass to reschedule events to celebrate the season.
Kentucky court won't hear arguments in death case
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has declined to hear oral arguments in the appeal of an inmate condemned to death for a 1997 slaying in Floyd County.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
Friends raising money for Lexington man who fell from third story window
- A man who fell from a third story window is out of the hospital but doesn't have any place to live. His friends are trying to raise money to help him.
Man injured at Morehead State University after 30-foot fall from window
- Kody Richmond, 20, is in UK Hospital after Morehead State University officials say he fell out of a third floor window of a music hall early Saturday morning.
Several Kentucky universities ranked in annual Best Colleges for Vets list
- The Military Times announced Monday Morehead State University came in at number 20 on this year's list. Western Kentucky had the highest ranking of the states colleges at number seven, with UK also making the top 20.
Police: Woman possibly posing as health care worker in Morehead
- Morehead Police are investigating after a woman called them to report that someone came to her door and asked to see bottles of medication.
Three pounds of crystal meth seized, three arrested in Rowan Co.
- It was a big arrest for the Rowan County Sheriff's Department.
More tips needed in Rowan County man's murder
- It's a plea for help from police as they investigate an elderly man's murder.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Renowned Ky. pianist Jay Flippin dies
- Flippin, 68, passed away Thursday morning following a long battle with cancer.
Cause of death released in elderly Rowan Co. man's murder
- An 82-year-old man in Rowan County was found dead in his driveway on Thursday, police said. Now they say they are investigating it as a murder.
Rowan County coaches can't pray with players
- A pre-game ritual is getting some attention at an eastern Kentucky high school. The Rowan County principal says the football coach is no longer allowed to lead the team in prayer, and it's left some parents upset.
Burglar steals from Rowan County preschool
- They say they feel violated and angry. Leaders of a Rowan County preschool need your help finding the man who broke into their building!
More Top Stories
Photos from Morehead
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.