Snow plow drivers working long hours in Rowan County
- It's been a long day for snow plow drivers around the area. Road workers in Morehead tell us they had their hands full on Tuesday morning. They expect to be busy into the night.
Several injured following crash in Rowan County
- It happened just after 8pm Wednesday at mile marker 143 on Interstate 64.
'The Big Bang Theory' actress visits Morehead State University
- You saw her earlier Thursday on WKYT in the hit show 'The Big Bang Theory,' but a big crowd at Morehead State University saw Dr. Mayim Bialik in person on Thursday night.
Gov. Beshear releases plan for extending, four-laning Mountain Parkway
- The main road connecting Eastern Kentucky to the rest of the state could soon receive some major upgrades. Gov. Steve Beshear on Wednesday announced plans to spend more than $750 million on improvements to the Mountain Parkway.
Morehead jewelry store burglarized, thieves entered through roof
- Thieves cut their way into a jewelry store in Morehead over the weekend and stole thousands of dollars worth of inventory.
Latest reports on road conditions across the mountains
- Some freezing rain on the morning commute is being blamed for hundreds of crashes across the area, slowing down traffic and shutting down roads.
Police remove nine children from 'deplorable' Rowan Co. home
- Police removed nine children from a Rowan County home.
Woman hit by truck in Rowan County
- A Rowan County woman is in critical condition at UK Hospital after police say she was hit by a truck.
Police investigating foster child's injuries as abuse
- Police have started an investigation after a toddler suffered a brain injury.
Morehead City Council passes fairness ordinance
- The Morehead City Council unanimously passed a fairness ordinance Monday night, becoming the 6th Kentucky city to have one.
Icy weather leaves slushy Morehead mess
- Icy weather that moved through the Bluegrass early Sunday morning left a slushy mess behind.
Lewis County residents are featured artists in the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
- During the month of December, The Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft in Louisville, KY will be featuring the Teddy Bears and whimsical animals of artists, Gordon and Judy Geagley, owners of Judy Geagley by Hand LLC.
CBS star coming to Morehead State University
- The actress known for her roles as Amy Farrah Fowler on hit CBS show "Big Bang Theory" and the 90's family comedy, "Blossom", is coming to Morehead State University.
Man arrested after gun pointed and shot at Rowan County rest area attendant
- A man is arrested after police say he pointed and shot a gun at a rest area attendant.
Morehead favors fairness ordinance
- Officials in the eastern Kentucky city of Morehead have preliminarily approved an anti-discrimination proposal.
Crews prepare for slick roads with overnight snow expected
- With snow expected overnight, road crews make their preparations for an early start on treating the roads.
More Top Stories
Photos from Morehead
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.