Woman wanted for Nicholasville Speedway robbery
- Investigators say a woman is behind a holdup early Tuesday morning at a Jessamine County gas station.
Family escapes house fire that destroyed Nicholasville business
- A father and his two young daughters escaped from their Nicolasville home Sunday morning as a fire tore it apart. The homeowner worked out of the now destroyed garage. He'd repurpose furniture and give the profits to a mission in Haiti.
Survey finds half of kindergarteners not ready
- A new report says about half of kindergartners in Kentucky aren't prepared to master essential skills in school.
Dog shot, taped to ice in Jessamine County
- Jessamine County Animal Care and Control tells WKYT they're seeking the public's help in an animal cruelty case.
2014 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic basketball begins this week
- Every year, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are happy to sponsor the Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic, an annual celebration of youth in which students from the state’s smallest high schools get a much deserved opportunity to compete in academics and sports on a big stage.
Former Garrard County official involved in another crash
- A former Garrard County official, who served time for causing a deadly crash, is recovering after being involved in another accident.
14 families displaced by fire, Red Cross steps in to help
- On Thursday, 14 families were displaced after many of their apartments were destroyed by a fire on North Central Avenue in Nicholasville.
Firefighters battle flames and bitter cold at Nicholasville apartments
- A large fire in Jessamine County forced several people out into the bitter cold Thursday afternoon.
Lawmaker wants 'Service Monkey' bill, expert calls it 'worst idea ever'
- Senator John Schickel has a bill that would allow monkeys to be considered service animals, but a primate expert is saying that is a not a good idea.
Lextran expands service to Jessamine County
- Starting Monday, January 13th, Lextran is expanding a bus route to include two stops in Jessamine County.
Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
Power outage reported in Jessamine County
- In all, Kentucky Utilities says it had about 2,600 customers without power. Most of those are in Nicholasville.
Camp Nelson marks Historic Landmark designation
- The designation is the highest for a historic site that's not a national park.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Nicholasville