Nicholasville AmStar to become Movie Tavern
- There will soon be a new Movie Tavern location in central Kentucky.
Families displaced after fire at a Nicholasville apartment
- The fire has forced several families, some of them with children, out of their homes.
Police: Nicholasville hotel robbed at gunpoint
- The Nicholasville Police Department is investigating a hotel robbery.
Time Warner Cable moves CW Lexington channel in several communities
- Time Warner Cable has moved the channel position for the CW Lexington in several communities.
Lessons continue for Jessamine Co. students with school canceled
- School was closed in Jessamine County due to extreme low temperatures on Thursday, as result, the district had its first non-traditional instruction day.
Truck plows into Nicholasville business after hit-and-run
- A Nicholasville shop owner faces some repairs after an early morning crash left a truck smashed into the front of her building.
Man, 48, killed in crash on U.S. 27 in Nicholasville
- The Jessamine County coroner has identified a man killed Thursday in a crash on U.S. 27.
Shoppers alert others about attempted abduction at Brannon Crossing
- A woman says a strange man tried to kidnap her as she put groceries in her car at a Kroger in Nicholasville.
Lexington woman fights off assailant in Kroger parking lot
- What started as a routine trip to the grocery store, took a frightening turn for a Central Kentucky mother.
Nicholasville man accused of stabbing two people during Christmas fight
- A Nicholasville man has been charged in a stabbing that left two people injured on Christmas.
Lexington serial burglary suspect caught
- A Jessamine County man is behind bars Tuesday after being accused of breaking into numerous Lexington businesses.
Henry County coroner: Remains found in Kentucky River were missing Lexington woman
- The Henry County coroner says two body parts recently found in the Kentucky River belong to a Lexington woman who was reported missing in October.
One of Nicholasville's oldest buildings destroyed by fire
- The fire broke out late Thursday afternoon near the intersection of First and Walnut Streets.
Blue Grass Energy hosts sixth annual 12 Days of Giving
- Nov. 26, 2014 —
Blue Grass Energy and its employees will host their sixth annual 12 Days of Giving Dec. 1-16. During the first twelve business days of December, the cooperative is collecting nonperishable food for local pantries and items for patients at UK Children’s Hospital.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
High winds causing power outages across Central Kentucky
- Kentucky Utilities says falling limbs from high winds are causing scattered outages across the state.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Nicholasville