WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
High winds causing power outages across Central Kentucky
- Kentucky Utilities says falling limbs from high winds are causing scattered outages across the state.
Boyle, Jessamine schools waiting to use virtual classroom snow days
- Dozens of school districts canceled classes Monday because of the snow. This winter, 13 Kentucky school districts are trying out what's called a "virtual classroom," designed to cut down on snow days.
#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Man accused of killing inmate with drug-soaked underwear claims innocence
- An inmate accused of killing his Jessamine County cellmate with drug-soaked underwear says he's innocent.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Judge rejects Kentucky inmate's new trial bid
- A Kentucky death row inmate has lost his bid for a new trial and to overturn his death sentences in the slayings of three people in Jessamine County.
Tip-A-Cop event in Nicholasville held for Special Olympics
- Cops in Nicholasville traded in their handcuffs on Saturday for aprons and burgers.
Search continues for man that shot Nicholasville officer
- Nicholasville police are still searching for the man that shot one of their officers in 2012.
Hundreds visit Camp Nelson to honor Kentucky veterans
- Hundreds of people came out to Camp Nelson National Cemetery to pay tribute to those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Nicholasville Police use seized drug money to buy police dog
- Nicholasville Police will soon have a new tool to fight drugs. Confiscated cash from drug busts helped the department buy a drug-sniffing dog.
KDE gives school districts go-ahead for virtual learning
- KDE approved 13 waivers for school districts to continue teaching when classes are canceled because of bad weather or other emergencies.
Teachers running race for Jessamine County teacher battling infection
- Friends, family, and coworkers of a Jessamine County teacher are braving the rain for a 200-mile relay race.
Man without family buried with military honors at Camp Nelson
- On Wednesday, a final ceremony was held for a US veteran without a family.
Men charged in 2008 Jessamine Co. murder plead not guilty
- Kentucky State Police arrested the pair on Wednesday for the murder of Mark Dunn.
Underwear murder case in Jessamine County moves forward
- A man charged with murdering a Kentucky inmate with a pair of underwear went before a judge.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Nicholasville