The Lexington Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is proud to announce the release of our Request for Application (RFA) for grant funding in 2012-13. Grants will be made to support collaborative and innovative programs to reduce breast cancer disparities and mortality across Kentucky.
Komen Lexington strongly encourages applications that provide new or expanded projects that:
Increase knowledge about breast cancer, regular self-checks and mammograms.
Extend services to the underinsured and the uninsured, by resourcing services that target homeless populations, economically challenged zip codes and migrant workers in the 58 county service area.
Increase screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services to low-income women that include the use of outreach and mobile units in counties of our service area.
Ensure that education programs enhance the awareness of breast cancer in males and females in all counties of the service area.
The deadline for applications is January 3, 2013 by 5:00 pm. If you are interested in applying for a 2013-2014 grant from the Susan G. Komen Lexington Affiliate, you can find our RFA, application and a PowerPoint walk-through of our new GeMS process at http://www.komenlexington.org/grants/how-to-apply-for-funding/ Please contact Eileen Levy Smyth with any questions at email@example.com
The Lexington Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure was founded in 1996 to carry out our promise—to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all, and energize science to find a cure. The Affiliate continually strives to fulfill its mission through education, grant making, advocacy, and fundraising. Komen Lexington continues that promise through these grants to make a difference in our local community.
Breast cancer remains the most common form of cancer among women living in the United States. It is only through the generous support of our donors that we are able to make great strides in the fight against breast cancer. Your generosity will help us save lives today—through early detection, treatment and support—while making a significant difference tomorrow—through innovative research.
75% of net proceeds stay in Kentucky and fund breast cancer programs for the underinsured and uninsured in the 58 counties in the Susan G. Komen Lexington Affiliate service area. The remaining 25% goes to fund ground-breaking research to find the cure.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Nicholasville.|