Man, 48, killed in crash on U.S. 27 in Nicholasville
- The Jessamine County coroner has identified a man killed Thursday in a crash on U.S. 27.
Shoppers alert others about attempted abduction at Brannon Crossing
- A woman says a strange man tried to kidnap her as she put groceries in her car at a Kroger in Nicholasville.
Lexington woman fights off assailant in Kroger parking lot
- What started as a routine trip to the grocery store, took a frightening turn for a Central Kentucky mother.
Nicholasville man accused of stabbing two people during Christmas fight
- A Nicholasville man has been charged in a stabbing that left two people injured on Christmas.
Lexington serial burglary suspect caught
- A Jessamine County man is behind bars Tuesday after being accused of breaking into numerous Lexington businesses.
Henry County coroner: Remains found in Kentucky River were missing Lexington woman
- The Henry County coroner says two body parts recently found in the Kentucky River belong to a Lexington woman who was reported missing in October.
One of Nicholasville's oldest buildings destroyed by fire
- The fire broke out late Thursday afternoon near the intersection of First and Walnut Streets.
Blue Grass Energy hosts sixth annual 12 Days of Giving
- Nov. 26, 2014 —
Blue Grass Energy and its employees will host their sixth annual 12 Days of Giving Dec. 1-16. During the first twelve business days of December, the cooperative is collecting nonperishable food for local pantries and items for patients at UK Children’s Hospital.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
High winds causing power outages across Central Kentucky
- Kentucky Utilities says falling limbs from high winds are causing scattered outages across the state.
Boyle, Jessamine schools waiting to use virtual classroom snow days
- Dozens of school districts canceled classes Monday because of the snow. This winter, 13 Kentucky school districts are trying out what's called a "virtual classroom," designed to cut down on snow days.
#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Man accused of killing inmate with drug-soaked underwear claims innocence
- An inmate accused of killing his Jessamine County cellmate with drug-soaked underwear says he's innocent.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Judge rejects Kentucky inmate's new trial bid
- A Kentucky death row inmate has lost his bid for a new trial and to overturn his death sentences in the slayings of three people in Jessamine County.
Tip-A-Cop event in Nicholasville held for Special Olympics
- Cops in Nicholasville traded in their handcuffs on Saturday for aprons and burgers.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Nicholasville