WKYT - Paris - Headlines

Chemical reaction sparks lockdown at high school

A central Kentucky high school went on lockdown Friday morning after a chemical reaction inside the building.

School officials say someone placed aluminum foil on top of a bottle of cleaning fluid inside an art room at Bourbon County High School.

That caused a chemical reaction. Officials say the foil flew off the bottle, and some fumes escaped into the air.

As a precaution, school officials evacuated the art room, and a room above it, and placed the school on lockdown.

Police were called to the school. School officials say the air inside the building was checked, and determined to be safe.

No one was hurt, and school officials say no one is in danger. They say the lockdown was ordered to make sure those responsible for this incident did not leave the building.

School officials are now investigating this incident. The lockdown has since been lifted.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116924228 - wkyt.com/a?a=116924228
Gray Television, Inc.