WKYT - Paris - Headlines

Clothes dryer starts Perry County house fire

HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) - A home was nearly destroyed by a fire on Sunday in Perry County.

The Avawam Fire Department answered the call around 2:30 in the afternoon.

The fire chief says most of the inside of the home was in flames when they arrived.

He says the woman living there heard a loud boom, and then saw that her clothes dryer had caught fire.

The chief says dryers can be very dangerous if not properly maintained.

“If you have a dryer I would suggest that people would clean them out every six months because if it gets a lot of lint in the filter or in and around the dryer it could cause a fire, said Chief Leonard Toler.

Officials say everyone safely got out of the home before firefighters arrived on scene.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 212705851 - wkyt.com/a?a=212705851