WKYT - Paris - Headlines

Food left on stove sparks fire that heavily damages apartment

The people living in a central Kentucky apartment are looking for a new place to stay after a fire heavily damaged their home.

The fire broke out Wednesday morning at a four-plex building in Paris, at the corner of Pleasant and Ninth Streets.

Paris firefighters were on the scene within minutes, making sure the flames didn't spread to apartments next to the one where the fire started.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, two women and an infant were outside the building.

The apartment where the fire started was filled with smoke.

The women told emergency workers they had left food on the stove unattended.

A vent on top of the apartment was removed so crews could make sure the fire hadn't spread into the attic.

That apartment had smoke and fire damage, but the other apartments weren't damaged.

The people living in the apartment won't be able to return home until it's fixed.

The people living in neighboring apartments were allowed to return home as soon as the fire was out.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112946894 - wkyt.com/a?a=112946894
Gray Television, Inc.