Folks prepare for possible flooding in Bourbon County
- People who live near flood-prone creeks and streams will be keeping a close eye on the water on Tuesday. Folks who live near Stoner Creek in Bourbon County tell us they're already taking precautions.
Wildlife officials kill mountain lion found in Bourbon Co.
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife officials shot and killed a mountain lion that was found in Bourbon County Monday afternoon.
Train carrying coal derails in downtown Paris
- On Tuesday, four trains were able to come through on other tracks.
Up to 20 percent of students are out sick at some Central Ky. schools
- Sickness is sweeping through some Central Kentucky schools. At a couple elementary schools, 10 percent to 20 percent of students were out sick Thursday.
WKYT packs lobby to help children in need this Christmas
- Dozens of WKYT viewers helped to pack the station's lobby Monday with toys, clothes, food and other supplies so the Mission of Hope can help our less fortunate neighbors this holiday season.
Mother Nature damages historic library for the second time
- Power outages weren't the only problem the strong winds caused on Monday. A gust of wind knocked down a large concrete wall, causing it to crash into the side of the public library in downtown Paris.
High winds causing power outages across Central Kentucky
- Kentucky Utilities says falling limbs from high winds are causing scattered outages across the state.
#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Adena Springs has announced 2015 service fees for nine stallions
- Adena Springs has announced 2015 service fees for nine stallions standing in Kentucky:
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Lexington bomb squad called to Paris for suspicious package
- Paris police say shoe polish was inside a package left on a street downtown.
BBB urges vigilance in storm cleanup
- Several people in Bourbon County are still cleaning up after last week's tornado. The Better Business Bureau said storm victims should do their homework when it comes to repairs.
Cleanup continues after tornado in Bourbon Co.
- Cleanup continued Thursday following Tuesday's tornado outbreak.
Paris tornado caught on tape: 'It's unreal'
- It was a frightening sight. A tornado touched down in Bourbon County, and a man just a few streets away caught it on tape.
Woman thrown from home during tornado in Bourbon Co.
- She made it out of the storm with just some stitches.
Nine tornadoes confirmed following Tuesday's storms
- The National Weather Service confirmed tornadoes in Scott, Bourbon, Bath, Harrison, Owen, Pike and Oldham counties.
Bourbon County hit hard by Tuesday storms
- Strong storms left a swath of damage throughout the Bluegrass on Tuesday night, and Bourbon County appeared to be one of the areas hit hardest.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Paris