More burglaries reported in Bourbon County
- A week ago, two homes were burglarized in the Southern Hills subdivision in Paris. Thursday, three more burglaries were reported.
WKYT SkyFirst flies over snow covered central Kentucky
- From WKYT SkyFirst, Officer Don surveyed how some parts of central Kentucky have gotten up to five inches of snow as wintry weather moved across the state.
Pax hits Kentucky: Winter weather continues to pack a punch
- Winter weather is still packing a punch, and it’s continuing to hit the community’s blood supply hard.
Survey finds half of kindergarteners not ready
- A new report says about half of kindergartners in Kentucky aren't prepared to master essential skills in school.
Bourbon County neighborhood targeted by burglars
- We have an alert for people living in a Bourbon County neighborhood where the sheriff says burglars are targeting homes in broad daylight.
Warming center, sheriff's office helping Bourbon Co. beat cold
- Deputies will pick up medicine, take people to the doctor or drop them off at a warming center.
2014 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic basketball begins this week
- Every year, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are happy to sponsor the Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic, an annual celebration of youth in which students from the state’s smallest high schools get a much deserved opportunity to compete in academics and sports on a big stage.
Salt use soaring this winter
- This winter's weather has forced Bourbon County road crews to plow through their salt supply. They've already used more than twice as much as last year. Now, they're trying to make what's left last.
Bullet causes Bourbon County power outage
- About 234 customers were without power for about an hour.
Nitric acid causes fire inside a Bourbon County business
- The strong and sometimes dangerous chemical known as nitric acid is what officials say caused a fire at a business in Bourbon County on Sunday.
Cold weather added to water woes in Paris Tuesday
- Paris City leaders say a car hit a fire hydrant, near the city's water tower Tuesday, sparking a chain of events.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
High winds cause downed trees, barns in Bourbon County
- Bourbon County was one of the hardest hit hard by Saturday's storms.
Barns, cars destroyed by storms in Bourbon County
- The strong storms that moved through Bourbon County didn't cause any injuries. But cars were totalled even large barns were destroyed by high winds.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Paris